Mike Seich

Started by ChrisA, October 03, 2011, 07:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisA

The following sent to us by Trish and Roy Weeks concerning the recent passing of old friend Mike Seich. I remember some fabulous barbecue "back in the day."

Please pass this on, Mike Seich was a GBCA member who cooked for many GBCA events like Veracruz. For many years he was a huge asset to GBCA .

If whomever gets this did not know him please feel free to contact me Trish Weeks 281 787-2774 . I told Kevin Hayes just today and he too can help with details if needed. The November issue of Telltails magazine should have additional information.

Thank you,
Trish & Roy Weeks  former GBCA members 

Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:55 AM
To: Capn Greybeard
Subject: "Capt Poop," running for home with fair winds and following seas...

Obituary for Mike Seich, known with affection around Clear Lake as Capt. Poop for his tireless work with Maritime Sanitation. He was also a great BBQ cook. So long old friend? SB

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Michael-Seich

Kevin Box

Mike was a tremendous help to GBCA for many years.   I was lucky enough to eat his barbeque more than once on more than one regatta.  Many times he worked deals to get the meat donated as well.  Now that?s classic GBCA thinking. 

Godspeed Mike.  You?ll be missed.

baileyrace

I am sorry to hear this. I knew Mike away from sailing. He was a very positive, pleasant man.