Club Championship???

Started by BJSailor, October 15, 2011, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJSailor

Today was the deadline for registrations for the Galveston Bay Club Championships.  HYC is hosting, but nobody has registered for the event next weekend!!!
There must be some miscommunication between HYC and the other Clubs.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Leigh Ann

We are fielding a team - I have the NOR but there is no registration form online.

BJSailor

Whew!

While I was at HYC on Saturday, it was mentioned that none of the clubs had registered.  I guess if there is no registration form then there is no way to register:-)
Hopefully, GBCA and the other area clubs will start hollering and let HYC know that they're willing to come out and play next weekend.

Sonars and J-22s - should be a great competitive event!
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

JayZ

It seems like the same exact mistake that HYC made with it's offshore race this past year.
I don't even remember if they posted and NOR for the offshore race this past year.

If you don't put out the registration forms nobody can register.

The challenge cup is a great idea and shoudl be something that is looked forward to each year.

I don't know exactly how it is organized but I think the three major clubs need to organize a committee and hold each of the other clubs accountable for their responsibilities in making the regatta happen.  -particularly the hosting club responsibilities.

Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL