Need boats for a Scout sail trip

Started by Terry Young, October 19, 2011, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Young

All

I am looking at the possibility of doing another Scout sailing day the last that everyone had a great time. Please let me know if you think that you and your boat will be able to participate. The date that I have in mind will be Nov 5 (Saturday), the plan would be to sail one of the GBCA courses. Please let me know if you would like to participate.
The Captains will try to have the Scouts do as much of the driving, sail trimming  as possible, and teach them sail trim, how to plan and hold a course, and the use of compass, most used knots, and safety. Scout will bring their own lunches, there with be at least one father(or leader) per boat. The Scouts will receive their sailing merit badge. And hopefully find the love of sailing as many of us have! Who knows you may even find some new crew! 
I believe this is far enough past HMR every one will have their boats back, and ready to go sailing. If you know of other Captains that would like to participate let me know. Please e-mail me if you are interrested  ( tyoung@sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com ).

Terry Young "KATANA"