J105 Mid Winters, March 9-11, 2012

Started by Bee, January 24, 2012, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

The National J105 Midwinters will be held on Galveston Bay March 9-11.  At the moment there are 9 105's signed up.  Fleet 17 and LYC are expecting to see on the order of 12-14 J105s competing.

Bee

Twelve boats and counting.  Crossing our fingers for three more.  If you know someone out of town with a 105 give them a shove or let me know and I will.

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Thanks Chris.  I should have posted the link a bit earlier.

As of today 13 boats have committed to sail.  This is one more then Stinger sailed against in the 2009 KWRW.  There are at least a couple of others on the fence so, hopefully, we could wind up with 15.  Problem is we do not have enough local 105's available for charter so the rest will very likely have to drag their boats down here.

Besides the local boats, we have two from Yankee Texas (DFW), one from NY, and one from Annapolis.

Saturday races will be in the Southern part of the Bay in conjunction with the last Icicle.  Icicle competitors should be able to do some nice viewing both before and after they complete the Icicle.

Should be interesting.

edthemainsailguy

Bee

FtWorthRob

Us Yanks are looking forward to this weekend. Hope the weather isn't what the forecasts are looking like here....

Bee

Could not agree more Rob.

My advice is to not look at the weather.

See you tomorrow.

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

edthemainsailguy

Where's Stinger and Solaris on the live Kattack?

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

Sailaway

Be Sailing Great job and great video!

Here are photos that Scott and I took (mostly Scott, I mean all Scott!).

http://www.lacyphotos.com/Sailing/

Enjoy   ;D

mv Tramp
sv Flying Kiss  (sometimes known as Flying Fish! (Scotty made me say it!))

Trink

My photos from Races 1 and 2 are at:
http://garytphoto.smugmug.com/SailboatRacing/J-105

Great sailing by some great sailors!
S/V Toccata