2012 Icicle Race Instructions

Started by Eric713, December 08, 2011, 05:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJSailor

"Negative Ghost Rider".  Delta e controls the convergence criteria and thus, the end of the recursivly interative algorithm.  An FFT has to converge somewhere...
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

No it does not.  It is simply a very fast method for calculating of the transform of discrete signals.  It was developed by Karl Frederick Gauss in December of 1805 with the comment "Its a very interesting algorithm but too difficult for humans to compute."

Charles

And all of that makes the boat go faster how???
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Hmm.  Good point.  I will shut up now

Hee Hee

Oh, what the heck, using the FFT allows people like Larry Ellision to spend super bucket loads of money doing complex fluid dynamics to create a boat and a wing to win back an old pile of silver.

Fun

Charles

CLRA seminar last night was Jay Lutz on sail trim.  Quite informative.

I took notes.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

BJSailor

Bee,  apologies.  I had to smite you.  I've never smited (smote?) anyone before...
But you were sitting with a -105 on the "smite meter" and I just couldn't let that go unnoticed:-)
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

Apologizes not necessary.  In spite of what Buddy Brown thinks this kind of stuff is fun.

Kevin Box

I'm Loving it!  Just don?t let Schr?dinger's cat out the box.  That kitty?s like 80-something right now.

Bee

The problem with Schr?dinger is that when you FFT his equation the squared wavenumber makes kitties meow.

BJSailor

Quote from: Kevin Box on February 24, 2012, 04:53:39 PM
I'm Loving it!  Just don?t let Schr?dinger's cat out the box.  That kitty?s like 80-something right now.

The cat either is or isn't 80-something.  We just don't know...

Charles

The cat died about 6 hours into the experiment due to oxygen deprivation!  Remember, it was a sealed box!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Kevin Box

I think Charles is right.  That cat wasn?t going to last long from the get-go.

Bee

Oh, come on.  You do not know whether the cat died or not until you open up the box and then you really don't know what was the case before you opened up the box.

Deckhand

"Spaulding Smails: I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...
Judge Smails: You'll get nothing, and like it."

!!Not at the GBCA!! Ball Park dogs are on the menu for the Judge Smails Regatta ( aka Icicle #5) and you will like it! Get your ascot stuffed, your yachting hat cocked, and your senior membership funded for a fun day on the Bay. Tramp will be near the start, so come by and give her your best Judge Smails pose. Dogs and all the fixin's will await you at the club house.
Judge Scotty ;D
GBCA Commodore 2014