Bow on Stinger, 2012

Started by Bee, December 08, 2011, 09:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

Stinger is going to try and do some interesting things in 2012.  Basically its because of my age. At 70 (71 in 2012) I don't think I  have a lot of time left.  If I manage to stay alive, we are planning to do the San Diego NOODS in March and the North Americans out of SDYC in October.  We might do additional CA events but that is still up for grabs.

Stinger lost her bowman this year.  That crazy character (OK he is a really knowledgable sailor and someone we did not want to loose) is going to sail around the world by himself. His departure means we are in need of a light weight replacement.  This probably implies female but if you can weight in the 130# range we are probably interested regardless of sex.  Note this is not a learning position.  We will want someone who can contribute immediately with little or no instruction and who is willing to participate in most of the regattas we do.

If interested zap me at

bee at panoramatech dot com.

ChrisK

I'm about 60 pounds off target, plus I really don't look that good in a bikini...

All joking aside, sounds like a great opportunity!
Past Commodore, 2010

BJSailor

Chris,
Maybe you could talk the rest of the Stinger crew into losing 60lbs :o
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

I thought this might get some interesting feed back. 

Chris:

The real issue is whether or not the SD boys go with their local weight restrictions of 1100 or if they go with the standard 105 rules.  With their rules all you would have to do is loose about 10.

I must admit a bikini would not look good on you.

B Sailing/Alan Bates

#130 on the bow will not get the job done in any breeze.....wishful thinking.
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

edthemainsailguy

I know a PhD at UofH who meets that weight AND gets the job done in ANY breeze...

B Sailing/Alan Bates

Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

Bee

Ed.  Send me that person's name.

BJSailor

Let me guess...  Doogie Howser?
12 years old, 125lbs, brilliant doctor!
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

That's PH.D not M.D.  While us PH.D's are much smarter then the average M.D we just don't make the same amount of $$$.

sandsailor

not a j/24 is it?
i can do the 80
Daniel

B Sailing/Alan Bates

I suppose a  130# 12 year old doctor could get the kite down if the boat were driven properly into the mark... ;D

Bee

OK, OK, OK,  I will settle for a 125-130 lb Squirrel.  Twelve years old is fine.

I have a good person on the nose already.  I just like to have two people who can both do the nose.  One of which needs to be light because this Old Phart is just to damn heavy to meet weight limits otherwise.