Mardi Gras Race Week 2012

Started by Jonsey, December 01, 2011, 02:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonsey

Early discount expires today.  

This is going to be a fun one!  

http://www.mardigrasraceweek.org/

sailfastliveslow

Wow, at 21 entries, its pretty much the Viper NAs 2012.  Any other classes gonna register?

Jonsey

Last year there was a nice J22 fleet, and should be again this year. 

Fun event, great venue and not much else going on in Feb. sailing-wise.    Be fun to see this thing grow into Charleston Race Week on the gulf coast!    J24's?  J80's? other usual suspects?

Keith

Coming out from the LBC with the F.N.G.  Can't wait for this one.  i will be there a few days early setting up the boat and checking out the venue.

Brad

Discount still available.  Not sure when it will go away. 

Great regatta - great time - can't wait!

Jonsey

Discount is gone, but i still think the entry fee is under a hundred bucks.  Not bad for a 3-day regatta where you're constantly over-served and fed upon hitting the dock.

17 vipers registered, three more on their way this week.   Should see the VX count jump up over 10 and a pack of J22's register very soon. 

Come on, the more the merrier.   

The HYC midwinters will be a nice warm-up.

ChrisK

Looking forward to a field report from NOLA...several GBCA members in the Viper fleet are racing...some 20+ boats

Website
http://mardigrasraceweek.org/

Scratch Sheet

Past Commodore, 2010

Brad

Big wind today so no one got on the water - 30 and gusting higher I think.  Tough to stand on the dock much less sail.

Tomorrow is the first day of racing - 20+ knots North wind predicted -should be exciting racing if know how the waves and chop build when the wind comes all the way across the lake and hits the south shoreline.

Great Viper turnout - 22 boats from all across the country.  From Houston we have HYC - Pat Gibson, Robert Williams and Farley Fontenot, GBCA - Simon Thomas and us, Austin YC (but regulars on the Houston scene) -Jeff Jones racing with Drake Borer.

Also the new VX One Design is starting off strong.  From our area we have Carrie Jones from Austin in a 9 boat fleet.

More after tomorrow's racing.

Brad