Just Got The new Calendar!

Started by Eric713, January 13, 2012, 06:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric713

Really nice photos!  Already have it on the wall.  The cover photo is my favorite.  That photo was taken from which boat? 

ChrisK

Wow, that was a super fast USPS delivery, less than 24 hours!
The cover shot is by Gary Trinklein aboard s/v Shaken Not Stirred after one of the Rum Races.
It really shows his skill as a photographer.
I bet Gary could get you a bigger print, it would look great on the wall or make a great gift!
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

There are several people that deserve credit for the calendar project
In particular: Gary Trinklein, John Lacy, Becky Furry, Alan Bates and Andrew Lee

Andrew was a huge help in logo placement, editing and finalizing things . He volunteered his time during the middle of a major move and got it done.

Speaking of logos
Please support and take time to thank our sponsors...

SOAK IIc (Andrew Lee)
Intergulf Corporation and Sail22.com (Team Mojo - Vicki Rhyne)
Watt's Up Marine Services (Patrick Fiega)
Quantum Sails (Terry and Farley)
Team Tres Hombres (Jeff Kitterman, Steve Ghormley and Mike Tyer)
KO Sailing (Mark McNamara and Leigh Ann)
UK Halsey Sailmakers - (Pedro)
Panaroma Technologies (Bee Bednar)
North Sails (Jay Lutz)
Hayes Rigging (Kevin Hayes)
B Sailing Club (Alan Bates)
Gary Trinklein Photography (Gary Trinklein)

Fortunately through the work and incredible support of the Lacy Brothers and Gary Trinklein, we have several thousand 2011 pictures to sort through!  Finding the right picture appropriate for a given sponsor was a challenge in itself!

We could have easily used 'canned' promotional pictures of exotic locales and super exotic boats provided by sponsors, but all the pictures feature local boats and crews from Galveston Bay.

It was a fun project but I don't want to stick another stamp or stuff another envelope for a long time  ;D

Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Calendar is super.  Hanging above my desk at the office.  Nice to look at and nice to see all the great local boats and teams.

Thanks to all for the great work.

beverly

...and just a side note....the warm glow of the salon lights you see on our starboard side is an absolute indication that I was down below making the first well deserved post race rum drink for the crew. :-*