Walk Away Foul Weather Gear

Started by Sailchick, March 04, 2012, 12:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailchick

All -- after racing on French Connection yesterday (in Kemah Marina) -- Neil put his foulies and gloves on the table at the top of the ramp on his way to the bathroom. When we went to leave, they had walked away.  We're thinking someone just accientally picked them up thinking they were part of their crew's gear or maybe their own foulies.  This is what I want to think anyway because surely someone wouldn't take someone else' s wet, nasty foul weather gear.

If you accidentally picked up some gray foulies in Kemah marina yesterday.  Can you please call me or send me an email?  jody0221 at yahoo dot com

Thanks!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

Not so sure they didn't walk away on purpose.  Last year I left a pair of Kaenon sun glasses on a table outside the bar at HYC.  They too walked away.

BJSailor

Yea, I had a Turvis tumbler walk off at the GBCA clubhouse and a sunfish sail / rig taken from a locker at SSC, and I've seen RC gear walk away over at LYC and TCYC.  Now that we have all the YCs covered Bee, maybe we can focus on whoever walked off with some foulies.

Is there a good description of what the foulies look like?  Make, model, size, color?  Name inside on the label?  It doesn't make sense to walk off with someone's foul weather gear - way too easy for someone to recognize.  This is a small community and we all look out for each other.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Sailchick

The foul weather gear was returned to French Connection!!  Thank you!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Charles

Quote from: Sailchick on March 05, 2012, 01:26:58 PM
The foul weather gear was returned to French Connection!!  Thank you!

Yeah!!!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

BJSailor

That's great!  This is a relatively small community we all should be looking out for each other.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

edthemainsailguy

i think i got ten dollars for those sunglasses on e-bay... :o

Bee

Dearest Uncle Ed, You got gypped. You should have maybe gotten at least $10.50.

I think I paid on the order of $200 for those things and they were on sale.  I tried to talk the absolutely gorgeous thing in front of me in Dago that that was too expensive but there were two eye level balloons swirling around that  just kept saying buy buy buy buy buy. Not sure why. I was hypnotized.

That's all I remember.  What would you have done?

Ain't SDYC grand?

OK Brian, I managed to get San Diego Yacht Club in here as well. How's that?

Hee Hee