Wednesday Night Races;

Started by KevinBednar, August 04, 2009, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinBednar

Don't forget that discussion.gbca.org is here for discussing any local racing.  Feel free to post commentary on other club's races and the Wednesday Night series.

For example, I'll be pulling sheets on Kimo tomorrow night, discussing NASA's recent news with Joe and enjoying a cold one as we bob around in the blazing, windless, heat.

Charles

Sailflow predicting 15kts at race time tommorrow! ;D
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

KevinBednar

Huh!  I guess when it's so hot the cement is evaporating the sea breeze does tend to fill in.

Now if we can only get that for the single hand race...

ChrisK

Like last year, it seems we've had good wind in the evening..
Last week we had gusts to 21 knots.

Nice battle between the Soverels on course 7. 

Really looking forward to this week as we finally have full crew!
I think we'll be treated to a nice near full moon rise when we're putting up the toys tonight

Be sure to give Buddy and crew the occasional compliment. It's a long season. We have it good.
Past Commodore, 2010

STuma

I am interested in comments of how to improve the WRN... beside of getting rid of me off the boat...
cheers...
Scott

Hobie17

Trying hard to get a crew position in Wed Nights.

Doug
Doug Snell
El Lago, TX

Hobie17

Quote from: STuma on August 06, 2009, 04:01:49 PM
I am interested in comments of how to improve the WRN... beside of getting rid of me off the boat...

Get a PA system on the water like we use to have a people watching can know what is going on get more interest. We might get more people out there? It is a thought. OH and maybe have a sponsored boat that take out a new person a week like we had 3-4 years ago when I was here. That is how grand daughter and I got out on Catalina 22 Sport that Sea Lake owned. We got a 1st and she was happy!!!!
Doug Snell
El Lago, TX

Charles

Quote from: Hobie17 on August 10, 2009, 11:40:32 AM
Trying hard to get a crew position in Wed Nights.

Doug

Come to the "Awards" ceremony after the race at Club Classic, and have Buddy announce that you are looking for a crew position.  If nothing else, you can get in a  little "ogle" time!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Hobie17

I am there almost every Wed and have asked Buddy in emails and at the Awards, but he is always real busy. If you know of anymore PM me or email me.
Doug Snell
El Lago, TX