TMCA Ed Herndon

Started by Stellar of Course, May 23, 2012, 07:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stellar of Course

I am not sure of those of you who may already know but TMCA Past Commodore Ed Herndon past away Tuesday night. Ed had been battling cancer for the last year and finnaly lost the battle. Ed was very active in sailing and boating in general. He and his wife,Marion, have been very active in TMCA for many years with both serving has Commodore.

Terry Young called me today as he had heard about Ed's passing so I thought I would make a short post to GBCA.

Services have been finalized at this time.

Ron Eddleman

Stellar of Course

That final sentence should read:

Services have not been finalized at this time.

Ron E

Terry Young

Ed H. was a great guy and  sailor, if you never met him you? should have?, he volunteered in many community sailing events, like Sea Born, that took out troubled teens out sailing and inspired them to do better. And as well as helping take out Boy Scouts on their Hunter 43 ?Remedy? so they could learn to Sail and get there sailing badges. He also raced in a many Harvest Moon Race( he was always a real cut up). I sure there are many other things as well, that I am not aware of but hope to hear of them on this web site. He and his wonderful wife Marian would often sit on their porch at SEA Gate Condos( this is where the Wed. night committee is docked at)  and watch the Wednesday Night Races. I plan to wear a ?Remedy? crew shirt on the Gulfport race this week in his memory. Ed, You will be missed!!   :-( 
                                  Terry Young       

ChrisK

Ed was a great guy. I worked with him a few times over the years with GBCA/TMCA. A loss to the sailing community, to be sure. He will be missed.
Past Commodore, 2010

Emma

Ed was always fun to be around.  I knew him through sailing and also got to work with him at Lockheed.  On Wednesday nights he used to cheer us on with a 'GO SLIPPERY' shout from his balcony.  He will be greatly missed.