Wednesday night Sailboat Racing 2013

Started by Big John, February 02, 2013, 09:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Great pictures! As good as being there...(well, almost)
Thanks again Deckhand!
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

Quote from: ChrisK on September 06, 2013, 07:19:42 AM
Great pictures! As good as being there...(well, almost)
Thanks again Deckhand!

Ditto !
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Big John

Scott asked me to post the Semifinals arrangements on the web site and I will shortly do so.  btw Nominations for the annual prizes(most improved, best crew, sportsmanship) end Thursday Sept. 12, and voting for the winners begins shortly after that.  Either nominate someone on the website or send me a private email reply on this site. Otherwise Scott picks!!

Meanwhile, the Championships:
First Week Semi finals, September 18, 2013, boat time 2 PM Approx race time 3 PM, 2 boats go forward
- Catalina 22 Ben/Caroline Miller
- Portsmouth Bob Hunkins
- Sunfish Tom Meeh
- J-80  Jennie Rosthal/Forbes Durdin
- PHRF S-Spinnaker - TBD
Second week Semi finals,  September 25, 2013, boat time 2 PM Approx race time 3 PM, 2 boats go forward
- Non-Spin-A Blair Pyne
- J-22 Casey Lambert
- J-24 Stuart Lindow
- FJ Watt Duffy
Races to be held on Clear Lake, Boats will be TBA
Finals to be held October 2. Best 2 boats from each semifinal compete to win

Big John

REV 1  Swap Casey and Tom Meeh
Scott asked me to post the Semifinals arrangements on the web site and I will shortly do so.  btw Nominations for the annual prizes(most improved, best crew, sportsmanship) end Thursday Sept. 12, and voting for the winners begins shortly after that.  Either nominate someone on the website or send me a private email reply on this site. Otherwise Scott picks!!

Meanwhile, the Championships:
First Week Semi finals, September 18, 2013, boat time 2 PM Approx race time 3 PM, 2 boats go forward
REVISED
- Catalina 22 Ben/Caroline Miller
- Portsmouth Bob Hunkins
- J-22  Casey Lambert
- J-80  Jennie Rosthal/Forbes Durdin
- PHRF S-Spinnaker - TBD
Second week Semi finals,  September 25, 2013, boat time 2 PM Approx race time 3 PM, 2 boats go forward
EEVISED
- Non-Spin-A Blair Pyne
- Sunfish Tom Meeh
- J-24  Stuart Lindow
- FJ  Watt Duffy
Races to be held on Clear Lake, Boats will be TBA
Finals to be held October 2. Best 2 boats from each semifinal compete to win

Big John

OK Fantastic last evening, and Scott Lacy will have some great fotos up very soon.  As they say in the movies, Houston, we have a problem.  A few people claim to have gotten hung up trying to submit nominations for the awards.  OK the problem is probably in the antispam settings.  Remember that you can  refresh the random letters and you must redo the letters each time you submit.  If I don't have that in there, your nominee will be someone who lives in the Ukraine.  I will leave it open till Saturday Sept 14, at which time Scott will tell me who to put on the ballot.  As usual, nominations may be sent in to Scott directly using the "Contact us" on the web site, or his email address or mine, which are on the web site.
John

Deckhand

Sailing to Port A in the am. I was not able to load any pictures. Hopefully John will be able to get them loaded tomorrow.  Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014

Sailaway

Got the pictures loaded that Scott took but Flickr is down for maintenance so check back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets.

Enjoy

Deckhand

GBCA Commodore 2014

Big John

Award nominations are closed. Voting begins soon.
For those of you wondering about the end of the year party, and/or hesitating to sign up, our apologies.  Exact arrangements are still in flux.  Villa Capri is an excellent restaurant and will be serving food during our party. 
The price of that food will not be included in the price of admission to the party.  Exact food arrangements are being finalized and will be announced on the web site. 
Admission price will be free for each registered skipper who makes a reservation on-line for themselves and at least one paid admission person and who has registered and paid for the year.  The price for all others who have on-line reservations in advance will be $5.  Price for unreserved admission at the door will be $10.  Free reservations for skippers will close October 5. 
Payment may be in advance or at the door.  We plan to have incentives for early arrivers.   

Big John

Semi finals results. Four boats racing today, due to Ben Miller having to drop out.
Racing in Flying Scots, prepped by Christopher Dees and Scott Tuma, and the Skippers, borrowed from HYC.
Team One, J80 Fleet-Forbes Durdin scored 2  1  2  1=6
Team Three, J22 Fleet-Casey Lambert scored 1  2  1  2=6
Team Four, Portsmouth Fleet-Bob Hunkins scored 3  3  4  3=13
Team Two, PHRF S-Spinnaker Fleet-Chris Alk (for Burns Brown) scored 4  4  3  4=15

J80 Fleet-Forbes Durdin and J22 Fleet-Casey Lambert advance to the finals October 2

The racing was very spirited and quite close with considerable pressure on the leaders by Bob Hunkins. On one mark rounding all three boats were within a boat length of the mark at the same time.  Photos and some video were taken.  These may be available at the EOY Party.

Big John

Second semifinal Watt Duffy (four bullets!!) and Tom Meeh make it through to the finals.
And in the finals ...
Reserve your place at the party, and get in two for the price of one if you are registered to sail and paid for the year(and reserve ahead) 
$5 with reservations, $10 without

Deckhand

What a great final race to Wednesday Nite Racing! With such light conditions, the skill came out. Thanks to Chris Alk and John Dees for keeping Tramp on the straight and narrow. The link for WNR 10-02-13 is as follows: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157636169369376/ . I loaded the pictures to the last semi- final but forgot to post the link. Here is the link for WNR 09-25-13: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157635947268553/.
Looking forward to the party next week.  If any 100% are wanted, email me at sailsong@swbell.net.
Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014