GBCA Women's Regatta

Started by Kathlyn, August 19, 2009, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathlyn

The Women's Regatta is September 12th.  Let's see if we can get as many boats for this event as we had for the Mixed Doubles!  This year the event will take on a "Luau Theme".  Along with the traditional awards, there will be a few additional awards (more details to follow).  Please sign up early.  Weather permitting the awards will be at the pool. 
Which fleet will be larger, Spin or Non-Spin?  So far the Non-Spins are ahead!

Kathlyn

Non-Spin 2
J/22       1

Non-Spins are still ahead!

Leigh Ann

The 1 J-22 is me - Leigh Ann - come on spin boats I know we can beat Kathlyn's non spins!!!!! :)

Kathlyn

Ok, come on ladies....Non-Spins will win this one....won't they?????   

Sailchick

I have beer, I have costumes, I have guys to wear the costumes and trim the sails and tell me where to go and fetch me beer, and luckily - I came equipped with coconuts......now, I just need a boat.  I'm looking for a J80. 

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Christopher

<Bump (& grind  ;) )>

Did someone say coconuts?

Next weekend.

Still only 3 boats registered.
Mahalo nui loa

ChrisK

Patience my friends, patience.  Most registration happens week-of, esp. on the heels of a holiday weekend.

Speaking of: a nifty link to register here
http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

I heard plenty of scuttlebutt on Wednesday, maybe some J105s to come out and play...maybe some some J80s...

No shortage of talented drivers around here!
Past Commodore, 2010

Kathlyn

:-\  So, here we are just days before the GBCA Women's Regatta and ONLY 3 boats signed up!  Where is everyone?????  As we've said before, this will be a "Luau--Hawaiian" themed regatta/party!  In addition to the regular trophies. There will be a few additional awards to be given out:

1.  Best dressed crew on check-in

2.  Best coconuts

3.  More as we think of them.....check back ........

Sailchick

I will be there - with coconuts on!

Kathlyn

4 Spins ------- 2 Non-spins

Come on Non-spins... sign up! 

Kathlyn

;D Aloha!  We now have 9 boats signed up!  Keep signing up, I still have a couple of strands of hair left.

Kathlyn

Aloha!  Ok, we now have 10 boats entered.  Hopefully the weather will somewhat cooperate with us.  Remember that this is a Hawaiian Themed Regatta.  In addition to the regular awards, there will be awards for the "Best Dressed Crew" at check-in and the "Best Coconuts".  Skipper's meeting is tomorrow night.
Mahalo!

Kevin Box

We have ten Spins and five Non-Spins signed-up.  That?s the most in several years.

Now for the really good news: The new batch of GBCA Tervis Tumblers has arrived.  We?ll sell them at the party on Saturday.  $20 for the 16oz and $25 for the 24oz.

As they say, Ladies first! 

Sailchick

Some of us "in-town" girls won't make the skipper's meeting.  Hope that's okay.  Can't wait to race Ladiez!

Kevin Box