Sailboat looking for bow person

Started by sailor here, May 20, 2013, 06:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailor here

We are putting together a sailboat racing crew and are in need of one or two lightweight bowpersons. Two would be nice so we'd have an extra. When you were not on the bow, there'd always be something else for you to do. It would be nice if you know how to sail but even if you don't, assuming you're athletic on some level, we will spend the time necessary to train you and make you part of the crew. Actually, you'd be part of the crew when you step on the boat. This is an ideal crewspot for a female as ideally, the person in this position would be lightweight. Age is not as important as attitude and health. And once you get this position down, there will ALWAYS be a boat needing a lightweight bow person. ALWAYS. Pretty much any place there is a sailboat racing scene. This boat is crewed by a team of grad students with a couple of older guys. The grad students are learning to sail, and you'd fit right in. This is casual sailing with an emphasis on fun and learning to sail better. Add a few beers and that's where its at. Please drop me message as we have a place for you. Cheers...

sailor here

Please excuse me, I'm sorry, I mis-stated our position, and I wanted to clarify. The ideal person for the bow person slot is the lightest person available, whether male or female. Either would be treated the same, and have the same place on our team.

sailor here

This will give you big boat experience, and in short order, you'll soon be conversant with dip pole jibes, as Christopher put it....lol.

wb323381

Christie and I have both worked foredeck.  We are looking for a baot to race on.  We are avaialble for Rum race 1.  I can work any position.  Call me if your interested,

Bill Brown
281 543 5964