GBCA 2014 Calendars

Started by Deckhand, January 07, 2014, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deckhand

Finally..... The new GBCA 2014 Calendars have arrived! All Senior Members will receive a calendar as a perk of their membership. The twelve sponsors provide the funds to make these calendars available. Be sure and visit all of the sponsors and tell them thanks for the calendars. Between the calendars, Senior Members discount (see the home page), and Rum 8).....that should more than make up the difference of a Senior Membership.

I would like to give out as many calendars this weekend as possible, to save some $'s on postage. Stop by the clubhouse and get your calendar after Icicle Race #2. If you cannot make the party, make sure your address is correct in the data base.

Support our Sponsors (SOS) as they support GBCA!
GBCA Commodore 2014

ShakenNotStirred

...and if you want one and are not a senior member, you can purchase one for only $130.00. *

* includes FREE senior membership!
2013 Commodore

Eric713

Now that's funny Walter.  By the way, I mailed my 130 bucks today.

Bee

Gee.  Do I get two? I'm fat enough for two.

Joking of course.

Eric713

Bee... You're not fat.  You are excess ballast..

Bee

Just like Rainman as a driver, I am excellent  ballast.

Tye Dyed Gary

Great looking calender!!! Now the gripe. Rowdy has not shown up in any of the pictures for the past 3 yrs. Bill was a past commodore (twice). I understand sponsorship of photos but still? The one group photos could have Rowdy in the background. BUT still the best calender out there.

Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Sailaway

The sponsors pick their own pictures, part of the perks of being a sponsors.  Not all pictures come from the flickr account that I have but I have included a picture from GBCA Icicle Race 1 2014.  Enjoy!

John

Deckhand

Speaking of Past Commodores.......I counted seven and maybe a couple more I did not see. We even had Past Commodores from HYC and TMCA. We even have one wringing the Super Chicken's neck to keep updates on the Cruising Club's ratings! It is great to see them come out to sail and support this club. I know they have, and still put a lot of time and effort in to making GBCA "The Place to Race". As any Board Member will tell you, it takes a lot of spare time to keep this Club or any Club worthy of your membership dues. Volunteering is always needed for after-party races and especially on Race Committee. We could even use a Volunteer for the new 2015 Calendar.......  ;D
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

The new calendars are in the mail. Thanks to all the sponsors who provided the calendars. This month is the Edward Tom Memorial Page courtesy of Chris Kelly. Edward sailed with, and was a good friend of Chris Kelly and many others. It is a good time to think of all the Family and Friends who have sailed on. Thanks Chris.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Sailchick

I got my calendar yesterday!  Thank you so much GBCA!  It's really nice and the photos are amazing and it looks really good on my wall.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

ChrisK

2013 was a tough year for the Adios crew. Losing Jim wasn't easy. Losing Ed was unexpected. Ed really enjoyed everything about sailboat racing and was one of the best foredecks anyone could ask for. A great picture on the bow of s/v Meris, the Texas flag and epic sunset...Janna captured the moment. Thanks to my great crew who pooled the sponsorship money together.  I sent along a calendar to his finace, Sara. Thanks again GBCA!
Past Commodore, 2010

Deckhand

January has been a wonderful sailing month and it is time to get the boat ready for the rest of the year. February is Blackburn Marine's month on the calendar. Don't forget to use your Senior Member discount card for a 10% discount. It is a good time to get ready for all the regattas and think about signing up for the Emerald Coast Regatta in May. From standing rigging (see attached photo :o) to cleaning supplies, check out Blackburn Marine, and tell Casey and Ruthie thanks for the 2014 GBCA calendar support!
GBCA Commodore 2014

ShakenNotStirred

That rigging was NOT supplied by Blackburn.  Rather it was compliments of Antares Fly-by-Night Rigging Supply.
2013 Commodore

Deckhand

Wow! February is almost gone and March starts tomorrow. March is Soak LLC's month http://www.soakllc.com/ https://www.facebook.com/soakllc. Soak has great products to ensure you sail faster. Also Andrew Lee did all the graphics for the 2014 Calendar. If you see Andrew, thank him for his support. Even better, check out his products at KO, Blackburns, Hayes Rigging, & Bahama Rigging. Support Soak LLC and the local business that sell his product!
GBCA Commodore 2014