Getting more party attendance...

Started by STuma, August 26, 2009, 11:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

OOPS, I of course mean Polka Hell.  Squeeze that box for me --- please!

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Oh boy!  A stomach Steinway kazoo party.  If that doesn't get the attendance up I just don't have a clue as to what will.

Big John

Jim is right.  There is an issue with the wind.  Of course I would love to have a situation where all the little boats start in no wind and us big boats come howling up and run over them.  Of course some of those itty bitties are pretty slippery. 

And btw, if the handicaps are correct, shouldn't all the boats finish together??? So the folks staggering in late in the evening are actually having a party at their boats before coming over.  Owners should pick up the booze supply and bring it over to the GBCA party rather than drinking it all up at the slip. 

Come to the party and debate the PHRF ratings of "certain boats".  What could be more fun?

For the record, I do not show up at the parties.  My boat is represented.

MaryM

John - don't worry, your crew does a fine job representing Millie-Express at the parties!

Big John

Hi Mary
btw it is Millennium Express or Mill.E or Millie or Malignant Expense or even Millie the Express or that (T*^$% $$$ F*&$&^g Boat or ...
John

Bee

John:

Your boat shall now and forever more be referred to as Malignant Expense --- at least by this part of the Stinger Crew.  I like it.

Christopher

Stinger crew  ???
I thought it was Stinker ...
8)
Mahalo nui loa

Big John

Unfortunately Stinker leads to no more elaborate "on-the-water" pseudonyms. 
Bleeding Edge
Parrot ____ (short word for excrement)
Fredator RIP
Eclectron RIP
Bawdy

OK, I am squeezing the old noggin a bit hard, but there are actual creative people out there who can do better.

Bee

STuma

I was told Wednesday that one of the reasons some boats don't attend the post rum race party is "... We don't want to drive over the bridge... especially after a couple of drinks, we don't want to drive through Clear Lake Shores; and especially after the party... we are ending up at the Cafe anyways..." Have to admit, pretty good reason... There were a couple of other people that agreed that they don't like going through CLS...

just passing along info, don't smite the messenger...

cheers...
Scott

Charles

If the "Clubhouse" were on the northside, those of us who live and dock on the southside would have to drive over the bridge twice and drive through Kemah, Seabrook, etc.   I take it that Clear Lake Shores is a DWI trap?
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Burns

That is what the North side people are doing now Charles.  The best compromise IMHO would be to have the clubhouse on the  SSY property. I know that there is/was some discussion about that but it has been a while, can anyone on the GBCA board give out an update?

Christopher

Well, the sock drawer needs reorganizing, then there's the kitty, the hair and the in-law's...
::)
Mahalo nui loa

Kevin Box

The old North side ? South side debate...  I used to hear the same argument from the South-siders when we were in  SSY.  We?ve been putting out two half gallons of rum to get the party started and we usually have to augment that just to keep the natives in check before we can pass out nine prize bottles.  The room had been so packed during recent parties that the A/C can?t keep up.  Party attendance has been acceptable, using those two metrics.

We?ve been working with SSY on a plan to return.  Their plans have been in flux, post-Ike, but I suspect we will get something nailed-down soon.  We have top people working on it and have gone month-to-month on the current space.

The membership will know as soon as the Board does.  We?ll be looking for movers ;)