Bay Cup

Started by gwittich, February 05, 2014, 06:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwittich

Registration for Bay Cup I (March 1) is open on regattanetwork.com

Plan A - in case of favorable conditions:
Two races - one starting near Kemah, finishing at the South Cut;
Second race in Trinity Bay.
(courses similar to the last two Summer Bay Cups)

Plan B - in case of low water level or other adverse conditions:
Quadrangle courses in Galveston Bay (one or two races);
(similar to the last two Winter Bay Cups)

Entertainment: Kelly McGuire

GW

Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

JASpithill

If Uzi doesn't want to sail with the other 105s then he needs to find his own class. Doesn't make sense to morph a good spin class in the making.

gwittich

Weather forecast for March 1, according to weather.com

Sunny, 0% chance of rain
Temp 62
Wind E 13 mph

Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

George E Cushing

Consider down loading the RaceQs app to track the race and provide performance data. The J 92 and Singer have been running this. After the race, the track is uploaded automatically from your phone to when it hits a wifi connection. You can then view your race tracks as well as tracks from the other boats. Several viewing options are offered.

http://raceqs.com/home/

"The free raceQs sailing system is made up of three state-of-the-art integrated components. The phone app gives you the sailing data you need to improve your performance while logging your GPS track. The app renders a shareable 3D animated replay of your journey."

Andrea

There is still time to sign up.  Kelly McGuire will be playing Saturday evening.  If the J boats can't form a class, maybe Gerhard will keep the sprit boats in one division.

Bee

Oh No.  Says its not so.  Don't do it Herr Gerhard! Sprit's in one division?  That would not allow Uzi to attack Spithill's PHRF class.

Bee

By the way George, I like Burge's new name for the 92 --- "No damn name yet"  Nice touch.

George E Cushing

Charles

How about "Damifino" ?
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

JASpithill

Now Bee . . . fair is fair. Maybe they'll put the Melges, the J/70 and the Catalina 22 with you guys and give us a pretty clean PHRF Class, assuming I get to sail!

Bee

That is precisely what we expect Jack.  Its what has been done in the last several Bay Cup's.

Gerhard and the rest of the LYC volunteers are not dummies.

BTW, I never expect to beat the Vipers, M24's or J70's in their conditions, PHRF can't level that playing field.

Bee

Oh.  I missed the C22.  Nah that's your fleet Jack.  You should race against that.  No sprit there.

Have fun.

JASpithill

There's a J/22 and two Catalina 22s but Ben signed up with the non-spins.  We'll see how thing lineup soon enough. Don't forget George's J/92, he's got a sprit.

Maarten

Ladies and Gentlemen Racers,

After a day like yesterday we can only be thankful to be able to sail when our northern friends are still shoveling snow. And what a glorious day it was. Going out on the Bays and getting the best out of our boats and crews blows away the cobwebs of the workweek. The whole fleet on the water is a sight to behold.

Special thanks to Gerhard Wittich and his team. His attention for detail, Andrea's pictures posted the same day to enjoy and the full team for all the changing of the marks, finishing and starting vessels make these regattas really special.

On behalf of Joan III's crew thanks for organizing!