St Patty's Day Spring Regatta - March 15th, 2014

Started by Christopher, February 19, 2014, 11:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

Damn.  Guess I will have to see if I can quickly catch up.  Oh wait, that's not possible.  Is it?

Good to go Stout.

Deckhand

Thanks to all who came out to play on the Bay! 47 boat entered and 47 boats started. A special thanks to Chris Dees who came up with the courses that made for a great event. Hopefully the St Patty's Day Spring Regatta will become a GBCA/TMCA tradition. Thanks to the Stinger crew for talking Horny Toad and Kinderspel2 into stay another week after the J105 Mid Winters Championship to race with GBCA. It worked out well for Horny Toad who won 1st in the J105 class and the over all PHRF Spin Watergate Spring Regatta Trophy.
  And the Party.......! Thanks to Walter Caldwell and Wyatt Smith who managed to come up with a cover for the patio...saved the day! Thanks to all who helped clean up after the party. We had a fully staffed clean-up crew! Also thanks to all the TMCA members who brought dishs to share. There was food O'Plenty!
  Again, thanks to Watergate, TMCA, and all who came out to race to make this a great success. We will get the photos on the Flickr site sometime this afternoon.
Commodore Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014

George E Cushing

Bee,

Upload your RaceQ tracks if you had it on. Mine are up.

George

STuma

Great job to GBCA, TMCA, & Watergate for an amazing event.  I was floored that we had 47 boats sign up for this first time event.  If we want this to continue next year, we need to let them how much we appreciate their efforts and how much we enjoyed the format.

Chris, Dwight and their crews did an amazing job! 

The weather wasn't perfect, but the course made up for it. I really hope we can do more of these type of races. 
cheers...
Scott

Christopher

Quote from: GCushing on March 16, 2014, 11:13:17 AM
Bee,

Upload your RaceQ tracks if you had it on. Mine are up.

George

George,
Is it possible to share these online?
Thanks
Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

No photos yet. Need to get home first. Hopefully in a few hours.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bee

ChrisK

I got the RaceQs link up on my laptop. After a few hickups, downloaded Google Earth plug in for IE (it asked me), eventually ran at 64x speed and full tracks. Just the J92 showed up though.  
Neat bit of technology there and the price seems right!  Installing a 12V DC plug in the boat soon to use the RaceQ, stream tunes, etc.

BTW: Great regatta GBCA. Getting a little chilly that 4th and 5th leg. Party was excellent. Good call on the tents. Irish stew and beer bread. Decor and party hats. Race pictures on the big screen. Those GBCA and TMCA folks really can cook! We need to utilize those talents more often. Seems like a great format. Thanks volunteers!
Past Commodore, 2010

svShearwater

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

http://www.svshearwater.com

JA

GBCA you hit it out of the park!  The race was as one of my crew described it, "a Rum race on steroids!"  Love the course and great job on Chris's part on running the race and the race instructions.  As usual too many people to thank for a great experience on the water Saturday and the great party that followed.  By the way, great trophies! 8)