And they're off....

Started by edthemainsailguy, May 23, 2014, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edthemainsailguy

Fair winds and tolerable seas to all the Emerald Coast Regatta sailors...if you're close enough inshore to find this post.....ye might need to get outside more.....

Charles

Quote from: edthemainsailguy on May 23, 2014, 11:17:54 PM
Fair winds and tolerable seas to all the Emerald Coast Regatta sailors...if you're close enough inshore to find this post.....ye might need to get outside more.....

Looks like that's what most of them are doing.  Slow going though.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

edthemainsailguy

oughta be a sweeter ride once they clear the delta...

Charles

Big D, Petite Louis, and Cayuse past the first mark, south of Morgan City.  Cayuse, it appears, didn't leave the first mark to port though.  Hmmmm?
Frayed Knot getting close.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Veljko

Anyone heard why Nauti Girl turned around?

DollFin

It's been interesting watching all the maneuvering!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Veljko

Quote from: Charles on May 25, 2014, 05:54:54 PM
...Cayuse, it appears, didn't leave the first mark to port though. ....

Ooops. Fire the navigator.

edthemainsailguy

don't know specifics but race website says Nauti Girl had an electrical malfunction... and i agree...it appears that liberties are being taken with the marks...

Charles

Looks like Big D is about 25 miles out.  Might make it by nightfall.  Doing 7.7 MPH last report. Petite Louis III hot on his tail.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Brad

Just talked to Michel the owner and skipper of Petite Louis - the old Triple Play.  They won their class.  He said winds could have been stronger.

Bee

Sitting here pretty much out of action I am very envious of the folks that do regattas like this and chomping at the bit to get back on the water. 430 nm!  Not sure this would be that much fun on Stinger.  Could only hope for a long A-Kite run with 17+ knot breezes.  Nice Northwesterlies to the Mississippi swinging around to SW to Pensacola.  430+ miles of that would be a workout  to be sure, but there would be smiles all around when we finished.

Kudos to all the boats that participated.  Good luck on the way back and hope the run back is just as much fun as the way over.

edthemainsailguy

I'm just a novice but it looked like the way over kinda sucked....and the way back is still anybody's guess....

Bee

I agree Ed.  I was just thinking about what if's.  I did a quick look at the finish times.  Some of the average speeds were almost non-existent.  3 knots is not fun.

Question is what happened to Cayuse?

Deckhand

Check out results at http://www.emeraldcoastregatta.com/ under the "Results Posted" link. Jim Foster  and crew on Big D finished first in their class. Talked a little to Dave and Lisa Ligget (Bid D), "Good trip, nothing broke". Talked to Drew Peerless (crew on Petite Louis III) also, and they could have used more wind and had some engine problems. They also came in first in their class. Hopefully the trip back will be more of a down wind run. Congratulations to all who particpated and have a safe run home.
Commodore Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014