Texas Race Week 2014 - July 24-26

Started by ShakenNotStirred, June 04, 2014, 04:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: JASpithill on July 09, 2014, 05:42:40 PM
Have arrangements been made for us to order sandwiches for pickup at the marina as we have in years past?
Yes. This year we will be getting the lunches from Sunflower Bakery.  I'll have an order form for you to complete next week, and submit at the Skippers meeting.
Cost of each lunch is about $8 plus tax $9 including tax, and includes a sandwich, chips, pickle and 2 cookies I think.
2013 Commodore

Bee

Thirteen?  Is that all?  No more? Hmm

ShakenNotStirred

Everything is coming together nicely. Just need you to sign up!

Where is Aeolus? Alert? Mojo? Chiron? Athena? Alessandra? Milli? Sea Nymph? Figaro? Firewater? Lil Bit o? Escape Hatch? Royal Crescent? Big D? Sea Gypsy? Wheeee Dog? Be Easy? Terrorist? Good News? Seute Deern? Rowdy? Phoenix? ONO? Picante? Petite Helene? Pingo? Infiniity? Cyrano? Hamburg? Cayuse? The Mule? Cache? La Dame? Joan?

I will have lunch order forms posted soon.  Fill out one for each day you want a lunch on the water (Thursday/Friday/Saturday).  I'll deliver the lunches in the morning to the yacht basin or Harbor House.

Tech t-shirts will be available at the Skippers Meeting, and at the Rum Race party (if there's any left!).  Both short sleeve and long sleeve. 

This is so much easier to plan if we know what to expect, so if you are going to do the race, go ahead and sign up. You won't be disappointed.

Also if you plan to come to the parties, please sign up for an event pass now so we can get a good head count for the caterers, etc.

Thanks!  And looking forward to next week!
2013 Commodore

DollFin

We can't do the race but we can probably make it for the festivities - we'll get our tickets soon if we can make it!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Deckhand

The weather is shaping up to be a perfect TRW! Chris Dees and Wyatt Smith have gone out and found a new mark for a SW wind and two different courses for the race down the beach (long/short). The after-race parties are shaping up nicely. Thursday is at the "Spot" overlooking the Gulf. Friday's party at the "Tsunami Bar" is sponsored by C&C to honor Ed Christie. Bring your best "Ed" story to help Butch Boos honor Ed's legacy. Saturday's award party at the Elissa will be lots of fun with Benno's Seafood and live music. Thanks to our sponsors, the $35 event tickets are a great value.
   I have seen a few boat at SSY getting bottom jobs lately. Aeolus got out of the yard last week. Sea Nymph and Rapide this week. Hopefully they will make a stealth move to join TRW  8). They look pretty fast!!
   Come out and join us for this great regatta. We will have "Missy" flying. Sign up today ;D.
Commodore Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014

ShakenNotStirred

One week away and only 38 event tickets sold.  Looks like we might have to downsize this year.
And only 13 boat signed up. Hard to justify all the work and expense for a turnout like that. :-[ ???
But for those that are participating....
This one will be a blast!   :)  8) ;D (It may be the last one for awhile!) 

Seriously, I have to finalize the catering tomorrow so if you are going to come to the party(s), please sign up!  Thanks!
2013 Commodore

Bee

Walter:

I think as a signer upper I get two tickets.  Yes?

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Bee on July 17, 2014, 09:57:01 AM
Walter:

I think as a signer upper I get two tickets.  Yes?
Yes. Two event passes included with registration.
2013 Commodore

ShakenNotStirred

Lunch order form here.

Fill out one form for each day you want lunches.  Each lunch comes with sandwich, chips, pickle and cookie. Yum!

Submit the form at the Skippers meeting Friday.
If you pay at the skippers meeting with a credit card, don't fill out the CC information on the form; we will swipe your card at the meeting.
We will accept cash, checks, or credit cards.

We will deliver the lunches to the Yacht Basin dock E and Harbor House marina between 0830 and 0900 each morning.  Please be there.
2013 Commodore

Psaltshaker

I'm an experienced crew looking for a boat to race with.  I grew up as a Ragnot sailing at HYC for Gus Kolius and have skipper D+ rating.

SeaGypsy

Sea Gypsies are crewing with Stellar Of Course.

CJ

ShakenNotStirred

Tech t-shirts on sale tonight! And they look great!

Big thanks to our own Lauren Christensen for the t-shirt design and the poster design!

T-shirts are only $20 (short sleeve) and $25 (long sleeve).  Bring your cash, checks, and credit cards! 
2013 Commodore

Bee

Will these be available tomorrow at the party?  How about the tumblers?

Deckhand

If there are any shirts left after tonite, they will be available after the Rum Race. The Tumbler will also be available tonite and tomorrow until they are gone.
GBCA Commodore 2014

ShakenNotStirred

Should be plenty of shirts and tumblers and event passes.  All for sale at the skippers meeting and after the rum race.
2013 Commodore