2014 Junior's Regatta

Started by Christopher, June 09, 2014, 11:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

GBCA Junior's Regatta is for all skippers less than 18 years old at the time of the event, which will be skippering keel boats of various sizes with any crew.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

NOR
Registration
See who is competing

I've heard that Hal Tuma is planning on beating the boys!
Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

Less than two weeks to get the Kids signed up for GBCA's Junior Regatta. This should be a great tuneup for the Texas Youth Race Week or just to be on the water with the Kids. Git'm signed up!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Sailchick

So happy to see more than TWICE as many skipper's signed up for this regatta over last year!!!  I did notice Greg Casamayor was racing?!?  Does he meet the age requirements?
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Deckhand

With alot of wind and weather looking bad, PRO Scott Tuma decided to postpone.  We will try and reschedul on August 10. Turns out Greg is young at heart and signed up to support the kids. Thanks Greg!  Guess I will go home and play with "Missy".
GBCA Commodore 2014

Charles

Quote from: Deckhand on June 28, 2014, 12:06:39 PM
With alot of wind and weather looking bad, PRO Scott Tuma decided to postpone.  We will try and reschedul on August 10. Turns out Greg is young at heart and signed up to support the kids. Thanks Greg!  Guess I will go home and play with "Missy".

Good call!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Tye Dyed Gary

If not Aug. 10th, which is a Sunday, maybe schedule the Jr's Regatta for Aug. 9th, a Saturday. I know it's the same day as a Rum Race, but no big deal. The Jr's should be finished before the the Rum Race begins. Plus it opens it to a bigger spectator fleet, and more sailing.
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Greg A Casamayor

Quote from: Sailchick on June 27, 2014, 04:15:37 PM
So happy to see more than TWICE as many skipper's signed up for this regatta over last year!!!  I did notice Greg Casamayor was racing?!?  Does he meet the age requirements?

I'm 17 this year, my last shot.....
Greg
GBCA Commodore 2006

Deckhand

This coming Sunday is the GBCA Juniors Regatta. It is not too late to sign up! Take the kids out racing on Saturday's Rum Race and get them ready for Sunday!
GBCA Commodore 2014

simsup

I have a friend with a Beneteau 42S7 that is looking to get a NON-SPIN class going for the Junior Regatta. The sign up says closed but if we can get a class going..... ???

Deckhand

Opps! Guess I should have checked that first :-[! Looks like it is opened now and the NOR has been updated.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

What a fun day on the bay! The weather really cooperated with a few clouds in the morning and a bit more wind by the end of the regatta. Thanks to all the competitors that came out to play and all the R/C crew that helped make it happen. There was some close competition with the J22 class coming down the the final race to determine the winner. Pictures are at https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157645951175750/. Video hopefully will be out in a day or two (got to do a little maintence on Tramp). If any proud parents want the full size pictures, email me at sailsong@swbell.net .
GBCA Commodore 2014

Tye Dyed Gary

Thank you Race committee for a fun day on the water. The photo spread was great. Charlene, got to see that Student Driver really can race. AND thank you Brice for doing  one heck of a job driving. Basically I had a really fun day, THANKS everyone.  (I know, now shut up and get back on the bow)   
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Deckhand

GBCA Commodore 2014

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les