French Kiss

Started by Bee, October 13, 2014, 03:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

Veljko

Bee

Terry Young

So what happen equipment failure or error? And is FK still on the rocks or did she go down? Is there any plans to recover her?

Greg A Casamayor

French Kiss sank after washing over the jetties.  I suspect that this will create a hazard that would have to be removed ASAP.
Greg
GBCA Commodore 2006

Brad

The boat will have to be removed even if not a danger to navigation because it has fuel on board which is an environmental hazard.  I have talked to the USCG about this before and it is the owner's responsibility to remove this potential hazard.  I am sure insurance covers it.

Terry Young

Did any one hear why it went on the jettys in the first place, equipment malfunction or just human error. Weather was blowing really hard, we were coming back thru the ditch at the sametime and saw around 27 knots of wind and sometimes up to 38 knot, it had to be ruff out there.

Tye Dyed Gary

Despite the bad weather, the jetty is poorly marked. Even in good weather picking out Stand Pipe 5A at night is a challenge. Maybe if the light was changed from green to white, it would be plan were the end of the jetty is and there would be less boats run up on it. Not to many years ago the remains of the old light house helped you find the end of the jetty.
On another note, did they save the Manufacture Trophy?   
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Bee

U. S Coast Guard Search and Rescue
and
the Case of The S/V French Kiss

January 28, 2015
Starting at 10:00 AM -- LYC Ballroom

Outdoor Helicopter Demonstration To Follow

BobCrosby

Actually February 28th.

Bee

Yep Feb 28.  Same day as start of HYC Mid Winter.

Thanks. 

Fat fingers or just plan not up to February yet.

Old and slow.