Saturday, Feb 7, 2015
6-7PM

Di Amici's
2300 NASA Parkway

Entertainment by: Andy and the Dreamsicles

Registration
Mahalo nui loa

Nicole

A block of rooms have been reserved at the SpringHill Suites next to Di'Amici for a discounted group rate. They are reserved under GBCA Commodore's Ball and will only be held until Saturday January 24th.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/house-springhill-suites-houston-nasa-seabrook/
281-474-3456

The local hotels typically are fully booked due to the cruise ships so book your room before it's too late!

Christopher

Registration is still open and will continue through the next two weeks.  We need to know numbers for the caterers as soon as possible.  There is a late fee that kicks in starting this Saturday/Sunday midnight. 

FYI - TABC laws will not permit anyone to carry in their own hooch/wine/rum.   :o  The security will ask you to return it to your car.  There will be an open bar, but we need to know how many to plan for.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!  ALOHA!!
;D
Mahalo nui loa

gadangit

What is the attire for this shindig?

Chris

ChrisA

Those who have tuxedos will wear them.

Bee

Deckhand

GBCA Commodore 2014

Christopher

Quote from: Bee on January 29, 2015, 09:26:55 AM
Is this really 6-7 PM?

If you only want to come for the drinks, sure.  Otherwise, the rest of us will be partying until 11 pm.

Quote from: gadangit on January 29, 2015, 07:42:28 AM
What is the attire for this shindig?

Chris

Formal ? which means different things to people.  Some will be in tux and long dress, some will be in suit and tie and cocktail dress, some will be in blazers.  You might even see a kilt or two. 
It?s our one chance as a club, to dress up and go to a nice party.
Mahalo nui loa

Eric713

Don't believe these guys..  You will see everything from pullovers to tuxedos. You may even see a guy in jeans.  TUXEDOS ARE FOR PENGUINS!  I retired almost 3 years ago and gave away my suits and ties.

gadangit

Geesh, Ed.  Would it kill ya to at least get yourself one of these??  ;D

Eric713

Nice Chris!  Looks like something from Animal House..Dollar Store Tuxedo.

ShakenNotStirred

If we order more than a dozen, we get a discount. Who's in?
2013 Commodore

Eric713

150 maxed out... Looks like a big wing-ding!!  And a new joint to celebrate....

Christopher

Wow!!  That was an excellent party last night!
Great venue, great band.  Everything was just perfect.
I think everyone had fun.  I know I certainly did.

Thanks to Nicole, Kelley and Marilyn for setting it up and running a great event.

If the party was a measure of how the year is going to be, it's going to be a very good year at GBCA.
Mahalo nui loa

Trink

What a great party! Thanks to all for making it happen. My stairway pictures are available at http://garytphoto.smugmug.com/SailboatRacing/GBCA/2015-GBCA-Commodoress-Ball/47398346_5sfcwc

From that gallery you can download the full size pictures for free to print or save as you wish.
S/V Toccata