2015 Performance Cup

Started by Christopher, February 21, 2015, 05:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

March 21-22, 2015

NOR - click here
Registration - click here
See who's racing - click here

We'll attempt to run at least six races.  Following racing on Saturday will be a party with dinner and band at the GBCA club house. 

Come out for our premier regatta of 2015.  Bring your friends and get your competitors to bring their boats too.  This is a J24 Texas Fleet circuit stop - an additional $5 is collected from J24 boats at registration.
Mahalo nui loa

Brad

It looks like the racing schedule has changed.  Was a notice of some kind sent out or even announced on this Board?  I know some of the one design fleets have used the old calendar for their circuit planning.  For example the GBCA Spring Regatta is no longer listed but is currently a J105 Circuit race.  The Performance Cup as noted above was moved from September to March.  Correct?  Any other changes.

Christopher

Quote from: Brad on February 22, 2015, 02:15:36 PM
It looks like the racing schedule has changed.  Was a notice of some kind sent out or even announced on this Board?  I know some of the one design fleets have used the old calendar for their circuit planning.  For example the GBCA Spring Regatta is no longer listed but is currently a J105 Circuit race.  The Performance Cup as noted above was moved from September to March.  Correct?  Any other changes.

The racing calendar changes every year.  Some events move up or back a week or even a month.  New ones appear and old ones may disappear.  Using last years calendar to plan next years calendar without checking with the club can be dangerous.  Most OD fleets do check in with clubs to work out their schedule.

Yes, we moved Performance cup up to the spring on request to have a two day circuit stop regatta in March. Besides the fall was too crowded.  We also moved the women's regatta out of the hot summer up into the spring for more wind, as requested.  We broke up the TRW into two separate offshore races, based upon participant feedback.  The Spring/St. Paddy day event was only one day and so was rarely a circuit stop, so it was moved to late fall after Harvest Moon.

The calendar on GBCA was worked out between the three local clubs and has been posted on the website and available since December.  GBCA Sr. Members also received a wall calendar in early January, with the same schedule information.
Mahalo nui loa

Brad

Thanks.  I thought I had been using the 2015 approved calendar, but I guess not.  Sorry for the confusion.

ShakenNotStirred

So far, looks like a J-Fest.
2013 Commodore

Deckhand

PHRF spin and non-spin as well as GBCA Cruising Class course will be available if enough sign up ;D! Hopefully we will have good weather. Band and food are getting lined up for a party at the club house Saturday night. See you there!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Nicole

The band is booked. Tomz Katz will be playing so come on out and enjoy the party and dancing! Don't forget to get your dinner ticket so we have enough food for everyone.

Bee

Sailaway

Need some more J109s & J105!   ;D

Bee

Still looks like a J-Fest to me.  Where are all those Bene's, C&C's, Eric's, ...?  Where is the Cruising Class? 

Are you guys afraid of rain?

gadangit

Quote from: Bee on March 16, 2015, 12:24:32 PM
Still looks like a J-Fest to me.  Where are all those Bene's, C&C's, Eric's, ...?  Where is the Cruising Class? 

Are you guys afraid of rain?

Oooh, burn!  We are busy getting SolAire ready for some offshore racing, I can't keep racing every weekend! 

Plus, it's going to rain!  ;D

Chris

Sailaway

Got Saturday loaded.  Working on Sunday.  Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157651515577702/

or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/

Find some 100%ers you want let me or Scott know.

Enjoy!   ;D