2015 The Conundrum

Started by Bob H, March 23, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadangit

I'm absolutely certain we were winning.  ;D  I confirmed it with Lisa who is the ultimate authority in my world.
Chris

ChrisA

Section 8.2 of the SI's does specify that a boat's start time is "GPS" time.

Charles

Quote from: Emmett715 on April 20, 2015, 10:35:45 AM

On a side note, it was entertaining to see how many people thought they were winning at the time of abandonment...

I know Half Fast wuz!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

JASpithill

Re Section 8.2 of the SIs: Which "GPS" should be used?  Yours, mine, Bee's, Gerhard' W's?  Nope, that doesn't work because Gerhard has two from the same manufacturer that didn't agree with each other.  Surprised the Conundrum RC hasn't wayed in on this complex issue. Question for the RC: How long after a boat is judged to be OCS is the horn signaled?

ChrisA

Until your start time the RC doesn't know if you have started and are OCS or just sailing on the course side of the line and planning on returning for your proper start.

JASpithill

JASpithill

Charles

At ten minutes before 12:00, the RC counted down the official clock over the radio, and then again at 12:00, so everyone should have been able to see if their clock was in sync.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

The race I mentioned was way before 2014.  Vic Forsyth was still sailing on the Bay.  There was absolutely no provision in the SI's relative to a missing mark. 

Bee

It was the 2004 Heald Bank that was disputed.  Mike McGagh beat Stinger by 30 seconds corrected in his Olsen 30.  Stinger was the first spin boat across the line only because Parrot Tales did not round the proper mark at the finish.  Larry and Crate withdrew.  The image below is from Scott Baker's GPS.  The mark that we are shown rounding is in fact the missing Heald Bank light.

Eric713

Charles.. It was 10 min before 11am. Not 12 sir.

Charles

Quote from: Eric713 on April 21, 2015, 07:15:58 AM
Charles.. It was 10 min before 11am. Not 12 sir.

OK.. I'm old!  But I was on time!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

STuma

What was the idea of using M53 as a mark?

Has a reschedule date been determined? Would I be able to enter if the reschedule date works?
cheers...
Scott

Christopher

Quote from: STuma on April 22, 2015, 09:13:46 AM
What was the idea of using M53 as a mark?

Has a reschedule date been determined? Would I be able to enter if the reschedule date works?

M54 has an exposed pipe hazard nearby and M53 kept the total distance around 22nm.  M54 will need to be changed for the Rum races.

We're looking at a few dates to reschedule.  The calendar is so full, that it might have to be on a Sunday.  Yet to be determined, but we will give at least a months notice.  Yes, you will be able to register as the event is brought forward and reopened.
Mahalo nui loa

STuma

Thanks Chris.  I've seen the pipe mentioned.  Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
cheers...
Scott