Women's Regatta ?

Started by Tye Dyed Gary, March 24, 2015, 10:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye Dyed Gary

I see the Women's Regatta is on the calender for May 2nd, but not listed on the face page.
I know two ladies getting crews and boats lined up, but nothing has been put out yet. ????
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Bob H

I'm catching up with things. I'll get the the women's regatta posted tonight.

Tye Dyed Gary

Thanks. I know it's a thankless job you are doing. Keep up the good job.

Bob H

Nonsense. I get plenty of thanks!

The Registration is now up!
Hope to see the GBCA women all come out!

NOR

Registration

Who's racing

Stellar of Course

We need one more boat for the Women's Regatta in the Cruising Class to make a fleet. I am sure there are more ladies ready to take the helm for this race. :)

gadangit

SolAire signed up, but we selected the wrong fleet.  Cruising Class is preferred, not PHRF Spin.

Chris

Bob H

Question for the Women's Regatta Skippers -
It's not practical from an RC standpoint to run two different courses, a windward leeward course and a fixed mark pursuit start course.
So the question is:
Which course would you prefer:

A. Fixed marks, and a pursuit start, similar to the icicle and Rum races, but with a RC boat taking finishers and watching for Over early boats.
OR
B. Dropped marks, windward/leeward course, and the more usual 5 minute start sequence.

Please let me know by replying to this thread!

Thanks,
Bob Hunkins

Terry Young

Not racing, but believe Icicle course would be easy to follow, and easily seen from a distant, and little work to be done by the race committee .  Although moveable marks don?t hurt the boat if you hit them, and the course can be easily shorten if the wind goes light. Just my thoughts, hope they are helpfully, good luck and safe sailing to all, but GO FIREWATER!  Wish I could be there, Terry Y.

gadangit

I'll speak for our skipper:  Pursuit is preferred.   

Chris

George E Cushing

BobCrosby

I registered "Royal Crescent", but Caroline Novark will skipper the boat. Since I live on the boat I was told that I can stay on board, but I needed to stay in the galley and bake cookies. If I am good, I may be allowed on deck to grind winches.

gadangit

Implied in Bob Crosby's reply is that he prefers a pursuit course to improve the chances of having perfectly baked cookies come out of the oven.  We've all been there and know how hard it is to bake cookies down below when we are tacking and gybing up and down a W/L course.

Chris

BobCrosby

Well put Chris. I will save you a cookie.

Bob H

Thanks for the feedback, well, the serious feedback... :-)

My plan is to NOT have a pursuit start, but instead have the standard 5 minute sequence (RRS rule 26) start for all fleets, i.e. Cruising Club Handicap , PHRF Spin and PHRF non-Spin.... BTW, non spin sailors, please sign up! We need more of you!

The Cruising Club fleet, being in general not partial to windward/leeward courses will sail fixed mark courses to be detailed at the skippers' meeting and in the sailing instructions.
The PHRF spin and Non-Spin boats will sail Windward/Leeward courses with dropped marks.

I plan to start the Cruising Club handicap fleet first, then the PHRF boats. I hope to get in two races for the Cruising club Handicap and as many as I can get for the PHRF fleets.

So please come out!
-Bob

Tye Dyed Gary

The PHRF Spin class looks like a PHRF-J Fest, except for one boat.