I'm looking for a crew-spot... know of any?

Started by Pualani, July 05, 2015, 11:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pualani

8) Aloha GBCA Forum~

Yes, I certainly am looking for a boat on which I can crew (Maybe even the up coming Rum Races on 7/11 & 7/18?) :)
I raced for a couple'a years in the J22/J24 class, some big boats/ regattas too, but that was a while ago so I am beginning again.
Went to the 'Race Seminar' and then got invited for Rum Races with Captain Bob Hunkins on the Leopard, that was a blast!

I am officially now a member of GBCA and I am willing to start anywhere I am needed.
I want to learn as many boat positions as possible, and just learn as much as my brain can absorb.

I am reliable, show up on time every time, and am motivated to learn everything I can  about racing/ sailing/ boat maintenance. (cert. a & p aviation mechanic)
ASA 101 completed, more on the way. Am registered for the 'Sail Trim' seminar next month too. I can usually even come last minute as a just-in-case crew.

If I had a sailing-motto it would be something like, "What I lack in experience I make up for in enthusiasm"!

Aloha~
GBCA No Ka 'Oi

Pualani

8) Aloha GBCA Peeps~

Thank you all for your interest in helping me find a boat and crew spot, I appreciate you taking the time to contemplate my desire to crew.

It appears I have a ride for the up and coming #3 Rum Race, though nothing is set in stone yet for the #4 Rum Races on the 18th (and beyond).
I will be posting that very question to this forum probably by Sunday / Monday.

I hope that my diligence conveys my strong desire to, not only crew, but to become a vital crew member (eventually).

Do you go out interim? In between the races?
I'm happy to get in any practice I can get, if you need an extra body for your boat.

*Here's hoping for some excellent wind (and my bow crossing first!).  ;)

mahalo & aloha.

pua
GBCA No Ka 'Oi

Pualani

Aloha GBCA Captains and Crew~

Lookin for a ride for the upcoming RUM RACE #6, this Saturday, August 22nd.
If you know of anyone that has a spot, please let me know.

Mahalo~

Pua

GBCA No Ka 'Oi

Bee

I sent you a message through GBCA.  Stinger has a spot if you would like to take it.

USA392

I've got a spot on J22 for Sept and Oct weekend HYC and LYC regattas.  Plus interim practice sails.  If interested, email me at rduste@aol.com