Chili Chase Nov 7

Started by Bee, September 30, 2015, 08:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob H

We're looking for someone who can work as a mark set boat. Should be easy - Drop two 8' tetrahedrons at specified coordinates, leave them there until the racers are finished using them and then pick them up. Contact me at rdhunkins(at)veriaon(dot)net if you're interested in helping.
Thanks!
Bob Hunkins

Bob H

A clarification to the fleets for the Fall Regatta:
PHRF Spin A is intended to be boats with Sprits
PHRF Spin B is intended to be boats without Sprits.
The entry form on-line has been modified to make this more clear. My apologies for any confusion.
If you registered for the wrong fleet, please let us know and we will re-assign you to the correct fleet.

Thanks,
Bob H.

gwittich

Special thanks to RC/Tramp crew - must have been a bit bouncy at anchor....
What wind speed did you record in the stronger puffs?
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Maarten

It was indeed fall.
Congratulations to Osprey and crew. Sometimes it is showing up that wins the race and in this case well deserved. Gerhard I don't know how it was further south but in Shoreacres around 2pm there were regular gusts of 25mph on a steady 18-20.

Christopher

We tried to revive a GBCA event from the past and it turned out better than expected.  Thanks to all those that turned out for the Chili Chase Regatta and Cook-off on Nov. 7th.  Thirty boats signed up to race, but unfortunately the weather conditions bested all but eleven who finished.  Results can be found at http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=11347&show_divisions=1.   
At the après race party, eleven boat/contestants offered up their best chili entries for the cook-off.  A panel of six judges comprised of unbiased board members and sponsors tasted and judged the entries based upon Aroma, Color, Consistency, Taste and After Taste.  There were some very good, hot and interesting chili submissions.  In the end, Bridget Scheib won the Chili Cook-off.   Well done Bridget!  Well deserved!
Also present at the party were Tom and Marsh Taylor, representatives of the Texas Navy Association, who gave an interesting presentation on the association and the history of the Texas Navy.  Their presentation culminated in the awarding of the Texas Navy Cup to the offshore regatta series winner Stinger who posted four bullets in the offshore series.  Well done to Bee and Kevin Bednar and the crew of Stinger.

Congratulations to the winners of the Fall Chili Chase Regatta:
- Restless in GBCA Cruising Class
- Osprey in Non-Spinnaker Class
- Figaro in Spinnaker NonSprit Class
- Kenai in Spinnaker Sprit Class

I was remiss in thanking our race committee and party setup volunteers.  I wish to extend our gratitude to the following people who made the event possible and a great success.

Conditions were rough for the racers, but even more so for the race committee.  The popular "Star" pattern course was run, but unfortunately the wind and waves blew the dropped marks and committee boat out of position.  So much so that one of the marks ended up nearly on the San Leon beach. 
Thanks go to our RC volunteers for setting, retrieving marks and surviving the bouncing conditions:
Scott & John Lacy - Boat Captains
Greg Casamayor - PRO
Kelley Dees
Chris Alk
Denise Christensen
Johnny Jones
Keith Marino

Also, a very big thank you goes to Kelley Dees and Marilyn Horton for preparation of the après race party chili and setup.  It was well received, attended and talked about by many.  Very, very well done!!

Also, thanks go to Bob Hunkins, our Fleet Captain, for setting up the race NOR, SI's and finding volunteers to run the race.

Thank you to all.  Looks like a successful event that must be repeated!
Mahalo nui loa