Looking to get started.. where to start?

Started by tromgone, October 10, 2015, 11:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tromgone

Hey all,

I've always been interested in sailing, and I'm finally in a location that makes learning a possibility.  I'm pretty competitive, so I could definitely see racing in the future. But where do I start? I've been looking at Bay Area Sailing at the ASA courses, but that gets expensive quickly! Is that a must? I'm a young adult and my funds are slowly headed in the right direction but are not quite there yet. I guess the bulk of the sailing season is over, but maybe there are a few options left for me? Or maybe something to keep me busy over the winter?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Tye Dyed Gary

First go to the Crew section of the GBCA Forum. put in about what you just said, only make it clear you are a novice and are wanting to learn.  Second around late February early March next year, start paying attention to the Clearlake Racing Association (Wednesday Night Races), for it's web site to start posting its schedule. There are seminars which are a good place to meet racers and also post on their, I want to race site. BUT, you are at the correct web site GBCA is the best.
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

B Sailing/Alan Bates

www.bsailing.com

Hi, I am a funnel into the sport, you can learn to sail and race your "own boat" with an annual membership with B Sailing, or, I can put you aboard one of our boats as crew. I have lots of opportunity to get you sailing--call me and we can talk about your goals.
~~~
Alan Bates

Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

edthemainsailguy

Go to crew...post you are a newbie.....say you want to be rail meat and you love to fold sails....go sailing...