Racing watch

Started by STuma, September 14, 2009, 04:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

What is everyone's experience with particular race watches?  Which do you prefer or stay away from?
cheers...
Scott

Bee

Timex taks a licking and keeps on ticking.  I have one with a compass that works well for me.  With the 7 instruments on board I am not sure I need anything else.

Chris P

My personal fav is the one someone else spent money on and calls out the time for me.....

BJSailor

Timex Ironman.  They all work the same and have all the bells and whistles you need in a race watch.  The best thing is that you can destroy 5 of them for the price of 1 "real" race watch and they'll last 10 times longer.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

I have a Timex Epedition.  Its the one with the compass.  Also has everything one needs for racing.  Amazing accuracy.  Haven't reset it in a year and it still gets with a couple second of atomic time.

Charles

I've been using Casio Alarm Chrono for years. It too, has all the bells and whistles. Countdown timer, stopwatch, dual time zones, etc.  No compass. I can't read one anyway!   Sells for around $30.00 Seems like I usually get 5 or so years out of them.
Charles
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Keith

I have a Citizen Americas Cup edition from like 1990 and it is still going strong.

jayhefty

kids got me the timex for christmas last year. i was pleseantly suprised. variable countdown feature as well as a traditional stopwatch. their christmas budget was about 30 bucks. ( i admit i was going to be a troll and quietly purchase a more expensive one. I bought some foulies instead) ;D

Big John

Sure am glad some racing starts next weekend.  For us older geezers, the Casio Pathfinder series works great.  It has all the necessary timers, plus very large display characters and other miscellaneous stuff like barometer, compass, altimeter, and my latest one is solar powered too.  They are expensive, but Sam's club has them and I even saw one with the atomic clock feature.  I have used the Timex Triathlon and Explorer before and they work fine. 

Worth the entire $0.02, right?

J

STuma

Thank ya'll for the input... just before the NOOD, I received the Gill Regatta Master as an (way) early birth day present (thanks babe)... I kinda think it was a hint based on my starting ability this year...  I have been very impressed with it... I would credit it for some good starts last weekend, but I am only responsible for the over-earlys, & Terri was pushing the stick... 
cheers...
Scott

Kaos

Too bad it doesn't call laylines!