2015 Icicle Races

Started by Bob H, December 18, 2015, 10:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osprey

To JayZ:

You don't need to do anything with RaceQs other than record your race and upload the results.  The RaceQs website will associate all boats that are sailing in the same area at the same time.  Whoever wants to can name the race and define marks on the website.

Osprey

Bee

Quote from: GCushing on January 11, 2016, 10:44:21 AM
Bee,

Set a calendar on your I phone or assign the task to a crew member.

Geo.

I set a calendar date with a 10 AM warning and I set an auto start date in RACEQS for 12:10.  Stinger's start time is 12:11:18.  Will see if that helps.

Stellar of Course

Headed for Kemah in the morning. Have the Club Handicaps been updated?

Thanks

Bee

As always, fantastic photos.  Doubt there is any other place on the planet where one gets so many nice photographs.

Thanks.

Bee

Stellar of Course

Great Pictures. Was not aware someone lost their mast. What boat is that????

Deckhand

Great photos Bill! Becky's photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/albums/72157663633775185 . I think the mast down was Richard Dashiell.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bob H

Preliminary results for Icicle 3 are posted.
http://gbca.memberlodge.org/resources/Documents/2016%20Icicle%20Series%20Results.pdf

Please send me corrections if something is not right.
I am still waiting for Cruising Club fleet times before publishing all the finishers in that class, so please send them to me if you sailed. I know there are a few out there who said they would e-mail them.

Thanks for sailing yesterday!
Bob H.

Bob H

I'm still trying to find out who finished 4th in the PHRF spinnaker, no sprit fleet.
I had a report of a sail number 178, but cannot find it in the PHRF GB database.

If anyone knows who this boat is, please send me a note.
Thanks,
Bob H.

Bob H

Spin non-sprit results updated.

Bee

I did it.  Interesting view of the race. I watched one some time ago, but this had a lot more boats.  Very nice.  No guarantee I will remember to do this in the future.  Will try.

Quote from: Bee on January 13, 2016, 09:20:36 AM
Quote from: GCushing on January 11, 2016, 10:44:21 AM
Bee,

Set a calendar on your I phone or assign the task to a crew member.

Geo.

I set a calendar date with a 10 AM warning and I set an auto start date in RACEQS for 12:10.  Stinger's start time is 12:11:18.  Will see if that helps.

Stellar of Course

Bob:

I think we turned in the finish time for Stellar or Course but just in case you did not get our time it was 12:01;19

Ron E

Stellar of Course

Typo in my finish time;

should be 14:01;19

Keyboard challenged last night

Ron E

Bob H

Here's the Cruising Club times I have at this time for Icicle 3
http://gbca.memberlodge.org/resources/Documents/2016Icicle3Cruisingclasstimes.pdf

If your name doesn't appear and it should, it means I lost it or otherwise did not receive your time. Please send it to me. Apologies if you did send it, it might have gotten buried along with a lot of other e-mail I get every day.
Thanks,
Bob Hunkins
2016 Fleet Captain
rdhunkins(at)Verizon(dot)net

Tye Dyed Gary

OK,  I'll start the discussion about adding an hour to the Icicle race time.  For those of us that have lived here for more then  a few years know that the wind in January, blows in cycles. One day 20+ kts. one day 5 to 15 kts. and one day calm,  back to 5 to 15 and so on. Anyway for this reason it wouldn't hurt to add an hour when we hit one of of those calm days during the Icicle. I don't care if we start an hour earlier or extend the cutoff time an hour.       
  It could help the after party, by having more winners rum handed out vs just one or two bottles  when less boats time out.
  I would like to see the time limit extended for next weeks Judge Smails Regatta, but if not, it needs consideration for next year.   
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat