Mast in the Water

Started by Sailchick, September 14, 2009, 06:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailchick

This was posted on our Facebook discussion page, so FYI!

From Dave Koplin-

Most of you don't know me but I am a full time Captain on the Boardwalk Beast, and also a sailor. I have an S2 11.0 which we cruise on in the winter.
About a week ago I spotted a mast floating in the bay NE of Clear Creek marker 2. Yesterday I saw it again in about the same spot so stopped to check it out and it looks like it is attached to something, preventing it from floating away. I think there is a good possibility the boat belonging to the mast is on the bottom under it. The exact position is
29*33.768'N
94*59.362'W
Mark it on your plotters so you don't hit it. Also feel free to pass this on to your other boating friends.
See you on the water,
Dave
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

B Sailing/Alan Bates

Zippity found this thing with our keel--two wooden sounding bumps, substantial, with a little metal scraping, too and it floated more to the surface.  It was completely submerged and may return to that position. 

This is directly NE of Channel Marker 2--at least 25 feet long.  It is pointing N/S at the moment.
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.