BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta

Started by Jim Powers, September 15, 2009, 02:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Powers

ChrisK

BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta is October 17-18

Tell your non-spin racer friends that the courses will be a combo of windward-leeward, distance and/or triangle courses of various lengths.  (Spin racers will still be windward-leeward)

Tell your J80 friends that the Performance Cup would be a nice warmup to the J80 North Americans, which take place the next weekend...
8)
http://www.j80.org/j80usa.php

Tell everyone else this will be the best Galveston Bay regatta of the fall season
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

Take a gander at the supercool event poster.  Thanks to event chair Jody!

KathyR

That is a really cool poster!  Will there be posters for sell too?  Kudos to Jody and her graphics person!

Sailchick

Yes, there will be posters for sale and T-shirts!  (maybe some Tervis Tumblers!)  There will also be giveaways and a raffle at the party on Saturday night.

Speaking of the party -- we will be enjoying fried catfish and hush puppies at the old Sundance Grill in Seabrook Shipyard -- by the POOL!!

Along with our normal choices of beverages, we will also be served mojitos and dark and stormy's courtesy of Treaty Oak Rum!

This is going to be a great weekend and it's only 3 weeks away so get signed up!!!  10 boats so far -- Come out and Play!

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Sailchick

Friends,

I know it has been said before but I'm going to send out my own personal plea....

PLEASE sign up for the Performance Cup Regatta.  PLEASE sign up now!

We at GBCA are planning giveaways, an excellent party on Saturday, a skipper's meeting with drinks and food, beautiful-never-before-seen-T-shirts, the list goes on and on.

I desperately need head counts and I want your head to be counted. 

Let me count your head.

Sailchick

This just in ---

Robert Frith to perform at the BBVA Compass Saturday night party.  Robert Frith was named the 2007 and 2008 Texas Music Awards Singer/Songwriter of the Year!

The party will be at the old Sunset Grille on Jennings Island.  Bring your bathing suits and flip flops for a night of drinking, dancing and singing along to Robert Frith - poolside - at the Seabrook Shipyard.

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

Sailchick

I know I'm asking for chaos by doing this but I don't want to order the wrong sizes for everyone so I'm going to open this up for a pre-order.

See attached pictures.

The GBCA logo on the back of the shirt appears bigger than it actually will be and the BBVA Compass logo will be on the left sleeve.

There are women's V-neck and Men's crew neck T-shirts.  They are made by fruit of the loom.  They are 6.1 oz cotton, 100% Fruit spun.  (I don't know what that means)

I am limited by what I can upload so I know these are small. 

Send me an email.  jhenry@shwgroup.com

Sailchick

I appreciate everyone ordering t-shirts and hats without knowing the price -- that means you like free rum!

The cost is $20 per shirt and per hat.

Sailchick

ChrisK

The long range weather forecast is looking great! Mostly clear, mid 70's...
Past Commodore, 2010

Sailchick

Where are the non spin boats?  Sign up before the end of the day today!!!

ChrisK

Taking a quick gander at the names of the 13 or so J80's signed up it pretty much reads like a who's-who in not only the J80 circles, but other highly competitive classes.
The term 'Rock Stars' comes to mind.
For starters, several multi World Champions and multi North American champions will be racing.  One coming from as far as Australia.
The local J80 fleet will certainly have their work cut out for them, but the hometown boys (and girls) are no slouches either  ;D
Lots of J80 talent coming out to play!
Past Commodore, 2010

George E Cushing

I was unable to attend the skippers meeting and I am now at GBCA looking for the race instructions. None on the door. Can anyone help me get a set quickly? The link on the site does not work.

George
Dolcetto
713-906-5222 cell