Emerald Coast??

Started by USA74, February 22, 2016, 10:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USA74

I no longer see Emerald Coast Regatta on the LYC Race Schedule? Anybody know what happened? What's the scoop on the Texas 2-Step?

Bob H

The Emerald Coast Regatta is still showing on the calendar. May 27th through June 3.
At the kickoff for the Emerald Coast, LYC asked that those interested in going should talk it up. LYC will make a decision whether or not to proceed with Emerald coast by March 13th based on the level of interest.

Regarding Texas Two-step, an application with the Coast Guard in Corpus has been made for that regatta. We'll have more information on that shortly.

Bee

It would be nice to have a few more details about the Texas two-step.  I suspect its a good idea but I am concerned that it will be difficult to get more then a handful of boats to do it.

USA74

If the Emerald Coast is on, we're in. And I'll have a fine-ass bottle of rum on ice at the finish line for anyone who wants to join in the fun!

Bee

J. D. --- You are making me think that this might be a good idea.  Four guys on a j105 with 10 cases of beer (no food) should be able to handle this don' ya thunk? Oh and then the rum afterward.  Yeah that would be great.

Quote from: USA74 on February 22, 2016, 10:49:03 AM
If the Emerald Coast is on, we're in. And I'll have a fine-ass bottle of rum on ice at the finish line for anyone who wants to join in the fun!

Osprey

Quote from: Bee on February 22, 2016, 10:37:42 AM
It would be nice to have a few more details about the Texas two-step.  I suspect its a good idea but I am concerned that it will be difficult to get more then a handful of boats to do it.

I would like you to consider doing the Texas Two-step in conjunction with the TMCA Spring Fling.  It is a long day sail from Galveston to Port Arthur and it would be much easier to Shanghai a crew for one leg or the other on this than for the overnights to Port Aransas and back.  Last Year's party in Port Arthur was fun and they have a nice harbor.  We had 20 boat sign up for the GBCA Offshore, last year.  Even if the weather doesn't cooperate, skippers can get their boats home in a day with a long run up or down the ditch.

Osprey

Hamburger No 1

On a different discussion string we're talking about too many regattas and here we're (almost) discussing having two regattas of similar type on the same weekend. Not completely sure if they are supposed to attract the same clientele, but I have a hard time seeing how this will raise the level of participation.

My suggestion for the long offshore events is to consider having large (multiclub?) events but only every two, three or even four years. People must look at these events as 'must do'. They have to plan their lives around them and guard the slot on the schedule with their lives (and jobs). That generates the 'importance' of these events in our lives that makes us participate. Oh, and: Cuba?

Bee

CUBA!  Would do that in a heartbeat --- if I thought I could.  Not sure I could, but I can see the fun of that.  Esplandidos!  Wonderful.

shawn

Havana cup did it on Illusion. Remember some of It.  And have pictures of some guy without gray hair that looks like me.
Shawn
Semi True Story