2016 Texas Two Step

Started by Christopher, March 23, 2016, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Planning continues and some details still to be confirmed.  Preliminary NOR has been posted for your planning purposes.

NOR

May 27-29 & June 3-5, 2016

This is a two race regatta on back to back weekends.  These are offshore overnight races, with the first race starting May 27 at the Galveston Jetties / Bolivar Roads HSC #11 and ending at the Corpus Christi Marina T-heads; the second race starting June 4 at the Port Aransas jetty condos and ending at the Galveston Jetties / Bolivar Roads HSC #11 on the following weekend.  Slip rental (at reduced rate) will be available to leave boats in the Corpus Christi City Marina for the week between races.  Events are planned with the Corpus Christi Yacht Club.

These will be the two GBCA offshore races that count along with the LYC Heald Bank and HYC Offshore races, toward the Texas Navy and S. Rhoads Fischer Cups, for Spinnaker and NonSpinnakeer boats respectively.

More details to come.
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

Mahalo nui loa

Danelaw

Plans are heating up for the Texas 2 Step. Come be a part of the inaugural premier offshore event on the Gulf Coast!
The perfect time of year to sail down the coast. (no beating into a norther on your way home.)

The Danelaw Team

Christopher

With less than two weeks before the regatta three days to entry deadline, having only five boats entered; the GBCA board of governors have voted to cancel this regatta and try again next year. 

Those that did register will be refunded.

GBCA still needs to run two offshore regattas for the TORC series awards.  More information to come.
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

Every year Stinger does LYC's Harvest Moon Regatta.   Some time ago, Stinger  made the return Sunday after the HMR party with full crew.  Not sure any of us were in good enough condition to race back, but we probably would have been if the race back had been the following week.

I'm sure everyone can see where I am going with this.  Why wouldn't a Two-Step wrapped around the Harvest Moon Regatta work?  This is something I have talked about, proposed, and discussed since the first time I did the HMR.  Regardless of whether this is an option or not, boats in PA after the HMR will likely return.  Why not make the HMR and HMR return the two GBCA races required for the Navy Trophy?

Bee

Had a nice chat with Greg Way (Gold Rush) today.  Greg had a really good point.  What he said was, "figure out what the boats that enter want to do and do that." I agree.

Charles

Quote from: Bee on May 20, 2016, 05:26:54 PM
Every year Stinger does LYC's Harvest Moon Regatta.   Some time ago, Stinger  made the return Sunday after the HMR party with full crew.  Not sure any of us were in good enough condition to race back, but we probably would have been if the race back had been the following week.

I'm sure everyone can see where I am going with this.  Why wouldn't a Two-Step wrapped around the Harvest Moon Regatta work?  This is something I have talked about, proposed, and discussed since the first time I did the HMR.  Regardless of whether this is an option or not, boats in PA after the HMR will likely return.  Why not make the HMR and HMR return the two GBCA races required for the Navy Trophy?

Two of the Navy Cup races must be GBCA sponsored events.  Obviously the HMR is not.  The return trip could be, but again, getting crew for back to back 150nm races might be difficult.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Three HMR length races is a difficult ladder to climb.  Is there anyway to get back to some kind of TRW?

Quote from: Charles on May 22, 2016, 10:33:04 PM
Quote from: Bee on May 20, 2016, 05:26:54 PM

Two of the Navy Cup races must be GBCA sponsored events.  Obviously the HMR is not.  The return trip could be, but again, getting crew for back to back 150nm races might be difficult.