Crew available

Started by ghbyram, June 15, 2016, 12:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghbyram

I'm green but very eager to learn all i can about sailing and sailing vessels.  Completed ASA101 last month and have about 13 hrs so far on 25'-26' foot boats. 

Looking for any kind of experience: racing, regattas, daysailing, just sailing, etc.  Ideally, I want to start getting experience on larger boats ... mid-30s and up ... But getting hours on the water is the key thing for me.

Male, mid 40s, 6'1", 205.  Live and work in Energy corridor/West side of Houston. Good listener, quick learner, attention to detail, no drama, I don't take correction personally and I know very well the trip isnt over when the sails drop nor when the boat reaches the slip.   ;)

Weekends are best but wednesday night races may be doable.

Grady

WTnick340

We need crew for Rum Race 2 on Saturday, several crew out with lame excuses like broken arms and their kid's birthday party. 34' boat in the cruising club class. Text me at (713) 249-2101 if you're interested.

ghbyram

Many thanks Bill for letting me sail with you and Bob on S/V Sunspot Baby.  It was a great day on the water and I learned a lot.

lksailor

If you are interested in crewing, Escape Hatch is racing in the Peanut Regatta on Saturday June 25th, today.

We are meeting at the boat at 12:30 at Watergate Marina.  Should be done around 4-5pm.

Practice/fun race.  Should be pretty good sailing weather.

Boat shoes or white soled.

We can be reached at:  lksailor@hotmail.com

thanks,

Gilbert

ghbyram

Gilbert...  Thank you for the invite. I can't make it today.   At the airport heading out of town until next weekend.