J80 Sailors - Look Here!

Started by Sailchick, September 28, 2009, 07:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailchick

J80 Sailors!!

The GBCA racing club out of Seabrook, TX will host the BBVA Compass Regatta on October 17 and 18. This is ONE WEEK prior to the NA's.

This is a perfect opportunity to warm up your boat, your crew and start to understand the wind patterns of Galveston Bay.

Now -- here is the important part....

IF we have 12 80's (or more) sign up for the BBVA Compass Regatta, we will run a separate line only for the 80's and give you as many races as you prefer or can handle to tune up for the North Americans on October 23 and 24.

This is honestly the best time to be sailing in Texas and what a better way to warm up than racing in a Performance Cup Regatta one weekend before the big show.

Let's not forget the best part - there is a Party Saturday night on Jennings Island with fried catfish, shrimp and hush puppies not to mention, free Rum and Mojitos and Dark and Stormy's made by the ladies from Treaty Oak Rum in Austin!!

To register for this regatta - VISIT - www.gbca.org and click on "BBVA COMPASS PERFORMANCE CUP REGATTA". The registration is through Regatta Network.

Thank you so much and email me with questions!

Sailchick aka Jody
Regatta Chair
and Vice Commodore of GBCA
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Rob

I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't remember what BBVA is, EH?

Sailchick

BBVA Stands for:
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

Better known as the Compass Bank Regatta.  Hell of a deal when our banks get bought out by ferriners.

Rob

OH! An American bank from down South. They got a rum?

Chuck