Vera Cruz Regatta De Amigos Charter??

Started by Keith, September 30, 2009, 11:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith

Hello,
I only know a handful of people around Galveston Bay but I am hoping for some help from anyone that can assist.

Some of you know that I do most of my racing on the west coast and I have many connections out there but am lacking the same kind of thing here. 

At the request of a long time friend and owner of the boat Martela, I have become the coordinator for our crew doing the Vera Cruz Race.  He is looking to charter a boat for the race and I would like to put the word out early. 

The boat would need to be in the 40ft range and able to get up and go in wind and also have a decent sail inventory.  Aerodyne 38 or 43, J120 things of that nature.

The owner that would like to charter a boat is a 50 year old Dane that is fresh off chartering a Santa Cruz 52 for Transpac.  He has the ocean racing bug again and is a veteran sailor.  The crew would be made up of the Martela crew, some of which are pro sailors and amateurs but all have extensive ocean racing credentials.  Hawaii, Cabo, Ensenada and plenty more. 

Please get back to me with thoughts, boats available, hello's, concerns or anything else you can think of.

Thank You,
Keith
keith123@windstream.net
832-651-8892

Jonsey

Just convince him that he should buy the Aerodyne 43 straight out and take it home with him after the regatta.

Still competitive set of carbon sails on er'

Keith

Why buy when you can charter?  we are just looking for the right boat around here.  Come on Jonsey I know you have some connections.