RUM Series Standings?

Started by korff98, July 03, 2018, 12:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korff98

Where can I find the Rum Series standings. I see the individual race results on the results page, but cant put my finger on the overallstandings after three races.

Bee

Check the result link just above  WOMEN's Regatta

Hamburger

The Results link just gives you the list of all races individually, but not the series standing.

BobCrosby

I like the 8 point scoring with one point for finishing for the larger classes, but that is not what is listed in the sailing instructions. The sailing instructions show 5 points for first ...

korff98

Thanks for the link, but how do I find this on the gbca page in the future? 

Tye Dyed Gary

To answer Bob's question about the 8 points vs 5 points in the current SI's. Last April 2017 when the SI's for the Rum Races were being approved, the Board of Directors, voted to change the point calculation after listening to many ideas and complaints. It was voted to increase the number of boats getting points, and to give every boat that reported a time to get at least one point. This accomplished several things, the most important being getting a boat count to help plan for after race parties. At the same time it was voted to go 3 deep on the liquid after race prizes. Which also increased party turnout.
  At that time Scott, the current Fleet Capt. was not on the BOD. He drew up the current SI's unaware of the policy change from the year before. Please forgive him of this over site.
  But do blame him for changing "F: mark into 'T' mark. In the GBCA hand book 'T' mark is north of HYC near Sylvan Beach. (yes I know I may be the last person on earth to have a copy of the GBCA handbook since we went from paper to computers)     
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

kentwm

In Spin-sprite fleet standings, you have Spitfire and Spitfire! as two different boats.

Butch

Tenacious has 2 results for racing the Non-Spin class.  We should be in third, not 6th and 7th. I also see a few more that are doubled up in the classes.  :o :o

Christopher

Fixed.  Thanks for pointing these out.  There were a couple of others as well.
It's important that you spell the boat name and sail number the same each time you enter your time.  Different spellings (even spaces and special characters) will cause them to appear as two separate boats. This is partially why once you have enter times the first time, the form will pre-fill the information the next time.

Quote from: Butch on July 05, 2018, 11:43:29 AM
Tenacious has 2 results for racing the Non-Spin class.  We should be in third, not 6th and 7th. I also see a few more that are doubled up in the classes.  :o :o

Quote from: kentwm on July 04, 2018, 04:09:18 PM
In Spin-sprite fleet standings, you have Spitfire and Spitfire! as two different boats.
Mahalo nui loa