Do you want to be the Mardi Gras King or Queen?

Started by STuma, February 22, 2019, 10:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

Do you think you have the best jambalaya or gumbo recipe? Now is your time to prove it!!!! We are having a jambalaya and gumbo contest Saturday March 9th after the races. Contestants are asked to bring at least 1-2 gallons of either jambalaya or gumbo to be judged and shared. We will have your peers vote to nominate you as the Mardi Gras King or Queen...

Wear your best beads, masks, and/or (family friendly) costumes Saturday evening.

Do you want to win a FREE ENTRY FEE to Texas Race Week? We are going to make Offshore Racing Great Again.... You must be present to participate and win...

If you are not able to race March 9 or 10th... no big deal.. you are still invited to come enjoy the party Saturday evening.

Yes, for the Spring Series Mardi Gras Regatta, we will have jambalaya, gumbo, zydeco, King Cake, beads, costumes, and a chance to win a free entry in GBCA's Texas Race Week....
cheers...
Scott

Bee

But will you have Clifton Chenier's son performing on the squeeze box?  I think one has to have that to have an authentic Mardi Gras Party.

STuma

Quote from: Bee on February 22, 2019, 10:45:05 AM
But will you have Clifton Chenier's son performing on the squeeze box?  I think one has to have that to have an authentic Mardi Gras Party.

It's an idea.. I grew up with dad playing the squeeze box....
cheers...
Scott

EdwardCon

Thank you for the resources- I will check them out Is the free clinic a mental health clinic or meetings?