GBCA Cruising Class

Started by Kevin Box, November 22, 2009, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Box

Here are the lastest rating results from the GBCA ?supercomputer? for Icicle Series race number one after adding Katana: 
Boat              Race 1 Rating   New Rating

Lil Bit a Sol               187   167
Shaken Not Stirred     93      88
Makani Kai               126    124
Figaro                    153     151
Katana                   175     173
Stellar of Course       171   173
Wandering Star        140   145
Invictus                 102   110
CurmudgeonII         147   159
Skalawag               157   173
Yippee HiHo(dns)      127   127
Reflection(dns)        185   185

JayZ

Good Turn out for the cruising class.  Nice Work guys!

Is there a link that shows all those that have signed up to participate in this class?

Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Kevin Box

I've asked evryone to sign-up at http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html and most have already.  The ratings there were updated this morning.  Select "View Registrants" under the event "GBCA Club Handicap Racing".  There is no entry fee for the Icicle Series.

JayZ

Cool Thanks.

I won't be out in Banjo Girl until the Spring I think  -Old Boat, lots of projects...
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

JayZ

looks like only eight vessels when I click on the link but more than 8 raced... ???

anyway, I'm only curious to see who is registered and if there are any newcomers

Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Kevin Box

10 raced last weekend.  13 signed-up in one form or another.  Not everyone has signed-up on the RN site yet.  That's why you see 8 there.  The turnout has exceeded my expectations to be sure.

STuma

What about a GC 20 with a carbon mast and asymmetrical chute?  If I start tomorrow I can finish with everyone else...
cheers...
Scott

Honu

Okay!  Honu, our Catalina 320, is signed up for the new Cruising class.  I have also registered on the regatta network.  I am ready to finish not in last like icicle #1.  Last to another 320 by half a boat length.  Hey, we're cruisers with a 120 jib, not the huge bed-sheets most are flying.  Also, we add water to the boat before a race to make sure we have water for the head.  All the liquor on the boat also slows us down!

gwittich

Kevin, "Figaro" is sitting in the mud. We will not be able to race this Saturday.

Gerhard Wittich
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Bee

Where are you sitting in the mud?

gwittich

In the slip at LYC. (We tried to relocate the boat on Wed. but it was already too late.)
I am ready to crew if somebody needs a hand.
GW

gwittich

By the way, thanks for asking.
GW

Bee

I asked because Stinger draws 6.5 feet and I always wonder if I will be able to get past the Marina Restaurant.

gwittich

Bee, thanks for the offer to crew but in the meanwhile I have sustained a knee injury (skiing) and could not contribute much.
Good luck tomorrow!

GW

Bee

Thanks.  Take care of the injury.