New Web Site

Started by ChrisA, June 16, 2009, 09:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisA

BJSailor

Yea!  Nice job Kevin. 

Welcome to the new GBCA Discussion Forum.  This new forum has been months in the making and we all can thank Kevin Bednar for his hard work in creating and designing this new forum for GBCA.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

BJSailor

Now all I have to do if figure out how to get rid of this "Newbie" status.  Sheesh!   ???
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

ChrisA

I think the board should be exempt from newbie status. Kevin?

ChrisA

K-Bed, BJ, et al. The reason we were having problems is that this forum is not Firefox friendly. I was locked out of my profile edits until I logged on with IE. Is there a Firefox add-on?

KevinBednar

I'm using the "Epiphany" browser which is a Mozilla.org / Gecko based browser on Linux to post this.

The entire forum was set up and configured using Firefox on linux.

I think there was a glitch at the hosting company that caused the error we saw but I"m not certain. 

There are still some configuration tweaks I'm going to make tonight so perhaps that was it but I bet it was just a hosting glitch...

ChrisK

Excellent! Finally!!  Thx K-Bed
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

Because of my work with various web sites and Regatta Network, which abhor IE and MS in general, I've found it important to check compatibility with all browsers, especially IE which so many of the public use.

Good work K-Bed ;D

KevinBednar

Quote from: Kevin Box on June 16, 2009, 10:49:56 PM
Because of my work with various web sites and Regatta Network, which abhor IE and MS in general, I've found it important to check compatibility with all browsers, especially IE which so many of the public use.

Good work K-Bed ;D

Hey, you guys get what you pay for.

ChrisK

Works in Google Chrome
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

Did all my stuff in Firefox.  No Problemo.

sailorjohnny

Looking good! Nice job Kevin.

KathyR

Hey!  This is pretty cool!  GBCA is going modern!  Thanks for putting this together K.Bednar.  Looking good!

Jeff K

I'm so confused  ::)

Am I on GBCA or SA  :D
Who wasn't on the vang?

Sailchick

Thanks Kevin!  I'm so excited about the new website.

;D
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013