Icicle #5 aka: Judge Elihu Smails Memorial Regatta, January 30th 2010

Started by ChrisK, January 24, 2010, 03:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Who is Judge Smails? Why, he's one of the greatest yachtsmen of all time!
Clip from the movie 'Caddyshack'
Along with the regular spinnaker, nonspinnaker, shorthanded and cruising class, helmsman will have the option to don blazer, ascot and yachtie cap to participate in the special Flying Wasp class. Don't be a 'Rodney' Have the whole crew join in on the fun!
Along with the usual liquid awards at the clubhouse, there will be some special awards...
Notice of Race
Beverly Caldwell will be your host
Past Commodore, 2010

Terry Young

My hat is off to the GBCA committee, Ice #4 was an all some race, what fun. Icicle # 5 should live up to its name with possible freezing temps, predicted. See you on the water!

"KATANA"

jayhefty

it appears in the above photo that Spaulding has his foot on the boat again. Looking forward to a fun regatta.  lets go Yachting everybody (er well eh actually only the privileged few that received an invitation with the code word and a net worth of ...well if you have to ask then you don't belong) ;D

ChrisK

THAT was a lowly Bushwood Country Club gathering...THIS is a Rolling Lakes Yacht Club event...a MUCH more classy affair....
;)
Past Commodore, 2010

mtyer

Eric713

There are no current standings for the Frostbite Series because the race isn't till next month.  If you're inquiring about the Icicle Series, I'm sure K.B. will have it updated soon, along with revised PHRF's.

jayhefty

beverly

Looks like it's going to be C H I L I  or is that C H I L I on Saturday?  Be careful not to get any of either on your ascot.

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

DuaneB

Broke my nose.  Have to go in Monday to have it put back in place.

Something in the steering let loose just as we were approaching the "E" mark and we rounded up, fortunately we did not crunch fiberglass with anyone.  I was trying to figure out what to do next when Nate said "emergency tiller".  Oh yeah, we have one of those.  Got the tiller shipped and had to remove the wheel for room.  The nut spun off fine but the wheel was still firmly attached.  I gave it a good jerk (yeah, it's always the jerk behind the wheel) and it popped off and popped ME in the nose.  Had to unwrap the jib from the unintentional tack and gybe, but we got it down and sailed home just fine on the main and emergency tiller.  Steering was a little heavy, but it worked fine.

No pain or black eyes yet, we'll see how it looks after the doc resets the displacement.
Duane Bez

Quest

Sorry to hear about that Duane, I was worried about that when we stopped by to say hi.  Amy and I wish you a speedy recovery.

DuaneB

And I am remiss for not thanking Doug Harris for being great crew and running me to the Doc and drug store.  Thanks Doug!
Duane Bez

Sailaway

Dude~!  That makes me hurt!

Got the photos loaded from yesterday's Icicle #5, aka Judge Elihu Smails Memorial Regatta, January 30th 2010.

Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

John
m/v Tramp