Icicle #5 Results and Provisional Final Results

Started by BJSailor, January 31, 2010, 05:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJSailor

Attached are provisional results for the entire Icicle Series.  Congratulations to everyone who braved the conditions!!!

Here are the results from the race yesterday:

Spinnaker
1.  Stinger
2.  Vela
3.  Surprise
4.  Kenai

Non-Spinnaker
1.  Dolcetta
2.  Sebani
3.  Big D
4.  Chinook

SOS
1.  Meehem II
2.  Tenacity
3.  Silver Bullet
4.  Far From Working
5.  Selah

GBCA Club Handicap
1.  Figaro
2.  Makani Kai
3.  Shaken Not Stirred
4.  Curmudgeon II
5.  Katana
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Charles

Thanks to the GBCA board for another great series.  The club handicap class was a great idea. Also glad to see all the blazer at the party Saturday! ;D
Charles
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

JA

BJSilor, in the Icicle #5 results you had Tenactiy finishing 2nd! The boats name is Tenacious.  For the overall results you have Tenacity (Tenacious) finishing 3r in the 4th race and I believe for the 1st race you had Morgan 27 finishing 5th.  These results should also be listed under Tenacious.  If you could make the changes I would appreciate it.

BJSailor

There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Eric713

Just read the Feb. Cannon.  The cruising class final results posted appear to be incorrect.
The Cannon shows:                                                The Discussion page shows:
Makani Kai                                                             Makani Kai
Lil Bit A Sol                                                            Figaro
Shaken Not Stirred                                                  Shaken Not Stirred
Figaro                                                                   Lil Bit A Sol
Stellar Of Course                                                     Stellar Of Course

I believe the Cannon posted results are incorrect.  If these results are points accumulated over the course of a year I assume they need to be correct...Thanks!

ChrisK

For the newsletter, you are correct.  This thread has the most current results. 

Unbeknownst to our hard working editor, a set of older series results were up on gbca.org when the Cannon was drafted.  The website has since been fixed...

Unfortunately Constant Contact will not let us correct the Cannon at this time, but we're working on it.

NOT to worry: Icicle winners will get their proper kudos (and awards) during the Commodore's Ball next week.

You ARE going to the Commodores Ball, right?
Past Commodore, 2010

Eric713

Yes Chris.  WE ARE GOING EVEN THOUGH WE WON'T GET A TROPHY!  They had us listed as 2nd place in error.  I wanted to make sure the rightful winners will be awarded.  SEE YOU AT FROSTBITE AS WELL AS THE COMMODORES BALL! Any word on BE EASY?  The judges race gave him a tough time.

Bee

Spoke to the EZ guy on Wednesday.  Nose looks surprisingly good.  Nose appears to be straight and there weren't any noticeable black around the eyes.

Duane was actually working on the boat.

DuaneB

About the nose, the docs have done their job.  Nose back in place, wound closed, stitches out.  There is still some healing to go, so I have to avoid getting the pulse/ blood pressure up, lots of blood vessels in the ol' shnoz, so we won't be racing this weekend.  However, Kathlyn and I are planning to take "Be Easy" out to do some spectating.  Hope I ran those cables right!  See you out there.  Have fun, be safe.  Oh, and thanks for asking.   
Duane Bez