Frostbite Regatta - 20-21 Feb-Non-Spin W/L

Started by George E Cushing, February 01, 2010, 03:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George E Cushing

Non-Spin Racers,

There is a poll under the post "Frostbite Regatta - 20-21 Feb" to determine the level of interest from the non-spin sector for a W/L course in the upcoming race. It seems that the race committee is leaning away from offering W/L in favor of fixed course racing at this event for the non-spin group. I look forward to the W/L events (non-spin), liking the variety and the chance to get the experience of five starts and lots of windward leg sailing under race conditions over a two day period.

Please take the time to respond. If there is a demand for W/L on the part on non-spin sailors, your feedback is needed.

Perhaps the cruising class would like to have the option of a fixed mark course, but the balance of the non-spin boats would like to have W/L. Time to comment.

Regards,

George
Dolcetto

Kathlyn

George,

I'm in total agreement with you.  I prefer the windward/leeward courses.  Fixed are fine for the Rum Races, Icicle Series and Bay Cups, however keeping non-spin racers in the "thick of it" is a good thing. 
I voted!

Kathlyn

BJSailor

There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

JA

George, I am in agreement with you on the W/L races!  Would like to get as much weather work in as possible! 

Jim Apple
Tenacious