Mojo heading to MEXORC

Started by hayesrigging, February 19, 2010, 10:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayesrigging

Sorry last post was a little off, I was writing from my I phone at the tent.  It was Sundays race that is in question.  They did a constructed course using ORR scoring.  Somehow they got some numbers transposed and the results were wrong.  A boat filed for redress yesterday and the scoring was redone and results posted this evening after racing.  We feel we were materially prejudiced by the results because we sailed today knowing that all we had to do was get 2nd and the regatta was over and that is what we did. Every class had to be rescored with about 75% of the boats changing positions within there class!!!!  Not sure how they can not throw out the race.  I had a discussion with the RC tonight and he said it was talked about throwing out the race but they didnt want to do that because then there would be no throw out for the regatta!!!  To me that is not a reason to not toss a race due to RC error!!  If the race is tossed we have a 1.5 pt lead and we need to finish 2nd or better to win, thats if Velocee wins but I imagine they will be either first or second, we are doing a Gold cup course tomorrow.  W/L, triangle, W/L  The third place boat is an old IOR 43' that wont be able to reach with us or the J-133.  This has been an incredible event!!  Awesome place to sail.  We almost hit a whale the other day and today saw some whales in the distance blowing water. 

Kevin Hayes

Jeff K

"materially prejudiced" is that anything like...  :o nevermind...
Who wasn't on the vang?