Conundrum Regatta III: March 13th

Started by ChrisK, February 21, 2010, 10:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Mark the date: lucky 13

The Notice of Race is posted for the Conundrum Regatta.  

One day of racing, shorthanded, on the bay, 3 fixed marks, any order.  

Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

ChrisK

The Saturday forecast sure looks nice for some shorthanded racing. 65? temps. Spring in Texas.

Link to the race course. Time to sharpen those pencils, and do a little homework...
Let's see: 3 to the 3 power is 9 combinations...but no repeats, you've got to hit them all so 6 combinations:
EHJ
JHE
HEJ
HJE
JEH
EJH
Apparently, I'm thinking about the alphabet soup too much

Maybe it's time to goto the
BAR
and find some
RUM
and figure this
OUT
:D
Past Commodore, 2010

DollFin

I'll join you for that rum drink while I let my other half (who only drinks Coor's Light) figure this out.  ??? :)

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

DuaneB

Chris, since we can only go to each mark once (we can't go to the same mark 3 times and call it a day) it's 3! (ie 3*2*1) instead of 3^3 that's why you came up with 6 permutations. Ow, my brain hurts. ;D
Duane Bez

DollFin

I'm not seeing anything listed about a skippers' meeting. Is there going to be one?

713 408-0444

ShakenNotStirred

No skippers meeting for this one. Per the Notice of Race:
6. Sailing Instructions
Sailing Instructions will be made available at: http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html from a link
on the Official Notice Board. Questions regarding the Sailing Instructions may be transmitted via e-mail
to: kevinb@uescontrols.com Questions and Responses will be posted on the Official Notice Board.

From the upcoming events, click on "Official Notice Board" for the Conundrum to get the course map and sailing instructions.

At least the party is not online.  :D
2013 Commodore

DollFin

Thanks! We did get all the instructions, but David thought it was odd that there was no meeting so we just wanted to double check.  See you Saturday!

713 408-0444

ChrisA

Who should PHRF certificates be emailed to?

ChrisK

The best option is to upload 2010 PHRF certificate at registration thru Regatta Networks.
Option B is to scan/e-mail Leigh Ann or me
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

The following message was sent to all competitors via the e-mail address given during registration, but we thought it best to post here as well:

Conundrum Competitors,

The question was asked "Where do I find the SI".  The answer is " there is a link on the electronic official notice board". Since the question indicates a complete lack of knowledge of the electronic official notice board, we felt it important to point out it's existence and location:

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_notice_board.php?regatta_id=2627

It looks like we may have true "Conundrum" weather, with a good chance of west wind at the start. Please review the start, gate and finish line configurations in the SI, since it is entirely possible there will be a downwind start.

Good luck!

ChrisK

25 boats already. That beats last year!
And with the wind forecast, somebody bring a camera....
Some damn good competition lining up.
The entry list/registration is getting more interesting by the minute!!
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

The Sailing Instructions may be found here:

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/regatta_uploads/2627/2010%20Conundrum%20SI.pdf

There were no changes from the preliminary version.

Sailaway

Got the first 604 pics loaded for the Conundrun III that Scoot and I took from m/v Tramp.  The was fun to watch!   ;D Thanks to all!

Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/

John

DuaneB

Ow.  Everything aches.  When do we do it again!?  Thanks for the race, gang!  What a day,whew.
Duane Bez