Conundrum Regatta III: March 13th

Started by ChrisK, February 21, 2010, 10:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DollFin

Great pics as usual! Can't wait to see the rest! Duane, I hear you about everything hurting! I have so many bruises people will think David's beating me! (I just tell them he hits me with a 34' sailboat!)  8) But dayam that was fun!!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Eric713

It was a fun day on the water. Do these GBCA races ever have lighter winds.  They seem more like rodeos!  Who cooked all that good rice sausage and chicken?  That was the best meal we've had in the ten months we've been in this club. 

ChrisK

The chef was my lovely girlfriend Mary Miller.  She spent most of Saturday with cooking, setup, and cleanup.  YES I forgot to give her proper recognition at the party....
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

Quote from: ChrisK on March 14, 2010, 10:37:41 PM
The chef was my lovely girlfriend Mary Miller.  She spent most of Saturday with cooking, setup, and cleanup.  YES I forgot to give her proper recognition at the party....

20 Smites with a wet jib sheet!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

ChrisK

Charles: The scars run deep...*sigh*

So what was the (dare I say) mostly agreed solution to the Conundrum this year, E-J-H?

I can tell you that going to J first didn't quite work out for us.  
(So much for the theory of knocking out the longest leg/beat before the wind cranks up...)

Speaking of wind, we saw 18, gusts to 23. One short blast hit 26 late in the day coming back from E.
That one upped the excitment level a notch as we spilled our beers and dragged the boom in the water.  :(
Next time we'll just have to drink them faster.
We had some great fun in some challenging conditions!
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

J-H-E for us.  We rounded up a wee bit on the way back from E, with water over the combing.. Woo Hoo
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

DollFin

We saw your boom hit the water!  Those winds certainly were NOT what we had seen in any of the predictions. Fortunately we only sacrificed one beer to the wind gods.

We chose J first, not so much to get the longest leg out of the way, but because the way the wind had been forecast to shift (yeah right, so much for that), we thought the conditions would be more favorable for us to go that direction first. In hindsight, we would have gone to E, but considering how much of a newbie I am to all of this (as well as being visually impaired), to come in 2nd under those conditions had me pretty stoked!  :D ;D

(I love this photo of us going around the mark while the wind was screaming!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

MaryM

Eric713

You are very welcome Mary.  See if Chris will put you on the payroll as GBCACIC.  GBCA Chef In Charge.  We went H E J.  I wished I had gone H J E. We rounded J and saw 26k.  The Kemah bridge looked like it was up around I-10!  More rice /sausage please!!!

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Eric713 on March 15, 2010, 06:14:52 PM
See if Chris will put you on the payroll as GBCACIC.  GBCA Chef In Charge. 
Second that.  ;)
2013 Commodore

MaryM

My favorite food so far this year was the red and green chili that the Caldwell's cooked up for the Icicle!  We discovered the leftover rice was great for breakfast - warm it up in the frying pan, when it gets hot break some eggs on top and let the bottom crisp like a hash - you end up with sunny side up jambalaya!

Sailaway

Well, Tramp took a vacation and went to Lake Charles and we have had very slow internet so I have not been able to get the rest of the Cinundrum III pics loaded so I loaded another 351 photos last night before the connection died.  Still have 159 that I will try loading tonight. Enjoy,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/

m/v Tramp