CLRA

Started by larryblankenhagen@gmail.com, March 08, 2010, 02:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryblankenhagen@gmail.com

When is the first race scheduled for?  April 7th?

budster

OK... sorry about the delay... I've been working on a new website for the Wednesday Night Races..and I've just run out of time...

March 31 is registration, skipper's meeting and the Kick-Off Party.

April 7 is the first race of Series 1...

Look for the (old) website to suffice until the new one appears. I will update it today...

Bud

ChrisK

Any new classes expected this season?

I'll assume the usual J22, J24, PHRF-Spin, PHRF Non-spin, Sunfish, Portsmouth, J80...maybe V-15?
Now is the time to get a class together and let Buddy know.
Once it starts, that's it!
Past Commodore, 2010

budster

Well........

It is nice to know up front how many classes are being formed, primarily because of the End of Year Class Champion scoring that occurs over the six scheduled series (with one throw-out).

But it not a hard and totally fast rule...The V15's broke out of the Portsmouth Class a few years ago, midseason, and probably will continue to have their own start this year...

Expected classes are: PHRF Non-Spin, Laser, Sunfish, V15, Portsmouth, J22, J24, J80, and PHRF Spinnaker. We have contingency plans for multihulls, if they decide to participate... Also, Ben Miller bought a Catalina 22 and Rob Calkins, Charles Broaddus, and others have been talking up a class start.

In general, any group of five identical boats that enter for the year have a real good chance at their own start. There is a limit however... The lake is small and the courses interlace in such a way that we have a difficult time with more than eight starts simply because the first class is back upon us by the time a ninth start gets away... We always try to accommodate however...

Skipper's Meeting, Registration and Kick -Off Party scheduled for March 31 at the Club Classic... 6:30 pm

Best regards,

Buddy