Spring Regatta NOR April 10th and 11th

Started by Leigh Ann, March 24, 2010, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

The NOR for the spring regatta can be found here:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

Enter early and often!!!!!

Check out the bottom of the NOR for an opportunity to win a $50 West Marine Gift Certificate!

Bee

Stinger is the first to enter.  What do I win?

I know what I rate.

Eric713

Give the man a warm can of Pearl Light!

Bee

What torture.  What an evil thought. 

How about a nice champagne style bottle of Duvel instead?

From the Disneyland of real BEER.

Bee

Oh, the more I sit here in my old age the more I remember

Curve Chateau des Flandres, Chimay rood, Chimay wit, Chimay grand reserve, Hoegarrden grand cru, Maredsous --- any, and almost anything done by the trappists.

Man.  These guys do beer!!!

Eric713

OK.. Make it a case of warm Pearl Light and throw in Thunderbird, Mad Dog, Boones Farm, and Annie Green Springs..over ice of course!

beverly

So, we have 5 boats registered....that makes it easy for me to get trophies.  I buy a 6-pack of beer, each boat gets one bottle, and Leigh Ann and I get to split one.  Very simple.  Thanks for making the Rear Commodore job so easy! :D

jsailor

Expect at least one J-22 to enter.

I am trying to drum up a J-22 Class. There is a circuit race in Dallas but only a few local boats are going.

So how about it J-22s?

RumSponge

There was a 22 circuit during the Elissa too (at lake canyon) but there were still 6 J22s out here in the bay.

Apparently Spring is a J80 circuit too, or at least qualifies as a 80 bay cup event, so where is everyone?  With just 8 days to go skippers really got to get moving on this.

Bee

Where in the hell are you people. 

GBCA is the place to race so get your butts off the couch and sign up.  Otherwise I will have to rescind my usual rule against drinking rum that makes you dumb and drink it straight just be sure that I get dumb enough (as if I need any help in this department).

Christopher

Quote from: beverly on April 01, 2010, 04:24:22 PM
So, we have 5 boats registered....that makes it easy for me to get trophies.  I buy a 6-pack of beer, each boat gets one bottle, and Leigh Ann and I get to split one.  Very simple.  Thanks for making the Rear Commodore job so easy! :D

Now 9 boats.  Make it a 12 pack of beer - then you and Leigh Ann can have your own bottle with one left over.
Mahalo nui loa

ChrisK

Retro 1987 GBCA Spring Regatta poster. Thanks Burns for finding this!
Past Commodore, 2010

STuma

now if we are racing J-80 one-design, and I have a faster rating, can I use the 150% genoa? and taller carbon rig? and trapeze? and  water ballast? 
cheers...
Scott

Sailchick

15 boats with 3 days to go.  Interesting. 

Let's take a look....at 1:00 PM on Saturday - temperature is supposed to be about 70 degrees... wind at 13 mph out of the SE.

Sounds awful.

I can see why we had three times as many boats for the Icicle Series.  Who would want to race in 70 degree temperatures with a great breeze and sun?

ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY?

It doesn't get much better that this in Galveston Bay.  Pretty soon it will be 120 degrees. 

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Eric713

I agree!  Where is everybody?  Are all you guys that curious about TIGER WOODS at The Masters?  Tape the damn thing and sign up!!!!!!